Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Amazing Testimony

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2011 at 12:13 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 408 Total Views

A few months ago my husband and I (pregnant at the time) was living in a house with 7 other people! It was hectic. Arguments all the time, stress. if you found quiet time then you was not at home. We didn't have a car and my husband couldn't find a job, It was a terrible situation to be it.

One day my husband and the lady of the house (my step mom) got into an argument about the toilet seat. It went on for about a week. Stupid, childish remarks and actions were happening every day. Finally I got fed up and went for a walk one Wednesday. I was sitting across the street from a small church and thought, "It's been a while since I've been to church!" And decided I was not going to go back home till I had went to church.

I sat in the back, scared and lonely. On the verge of tears because I didn't know what to do. People started pouring in. All friendly faces with big smiles. Almost everyone waved to me, and a lot actually came to me and introduced theirselves. Despite their kindness I still felt out of place. The singing started and a little woman half the church pews up motioned for me to join her. Scared, I did. She was so sweet. After church her and her husband took me home and convinced me to come back. I must be honest, if it wasn't for them, I would not have went back.

My husband and I attended church regularly for about a month. Then things at home started to get bad again. To avoid details, they got so bad we moved out. With no place to go, no way to go anywhere, and no money we were homeless and expecting. Another lady from the church heard about this and took us in. It was crowded at her house, but so much more peaceful.

Time was coming fast for my little one to be here and my husband and I were getting desperate for a place of our own, with our own money, and car. Living with the people that were kind enough to take us in, we learned to pray and study our Bible. And man did GOD start working on us!!

The rest of the church had heard about our dilemma and decided they wanted to help. One lady pulled some strings at work and got my husband a wonderful full time job. The lady we were staying with let us borrow her truck until we can get our own car. And the whole church pulled together and got us a cheap little 2 bdrm house (200 a month!!). They painted it, put down new carpet and flooring, and even stocked it with baby stuff, furniture, and some food!! They finished it just in time, too. My little man decided to come nearly a whole month early and the house was finished the day we brought him home.

I struggled as a believer before, but now, I can honestly say HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD?! I am blessed with a wonderful church family, and an amazing God.

by on Oct. 8, 2011 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Mommee42boyz
by on Oct. 8, 2011 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

This is absolutely the best thing I have heard all day! Praise be to our God! He really takes care of those who seek Him!

Niborcb
by on Oct. 8, 2011 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow! If only all churches would allow God's love to flow through them like that. You are truly blessed!

Alieda
by Group Owner on Oct. 8, 2011 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Praise the Lord , he is so good. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)