Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question of the day May 2

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:39 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 95 Total Views
Some of my thoughts, insights, inspiration…

Mother and Daughter - sweet.jpg

I want to continue to honor our mothers and motherhood until Mother's Day . I hope you will have fun answer the question and honor our mothers. Today I want to know five words that will describe your mother and why those five words.

I would say :

(1) Kind - because she was  always giving to others even if it was just a smile

(2) laugh - she had the most endearing laugh and I would give anything to hear it again

(3) Cards - you can not think of my mom without  think of how much she laugh to play rummy and trick you into think she had a hand full of cards so you would pick a big pile up. And then go out on you because yes she had a hand full of cards but they all play together.

(4) thirty - - My dad was always lay off 6 months of the year knowing this was coming she take the building at the end of our carport and full it up with food during the months he work so we would have food during the time he was lay off

(5) bride dress ---- one of my sweetest monries is that of her and I shopping for my wedding dress. I know a lot of brides think it bad to take they mom but I so happy I did.

Ladies have a God Bless Day.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
zboys
by dictionary on May. 2, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Sounds like you had a wonderful mom.  : )

Alieda
by Group Owner on May. 2, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Yes I did. I miss her, she pass away in Jan 1989. What are the five words for your mom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandbuster
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:27 PM

I can't do this one well because I have allot of bitterness and resentment towards her. I am trying though to get over some of it though.

So one word would be strained, 2 woud be tough 3 would be caring (we do care for each other) 4 photography, she is an awesome photographer and she passed this down to my daughter 5 organized, you should see her house, lol.

zboys
by dictionary on May. 4, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Quoting sandbuster:

I can't do this one well because I have allot of bitterness and resentment towards her. I am trying though to get over some of it though.

So one word would be strained, 2 woud be tough 3 would be caring (we do care for each other) 4 photography, she is an awesome photographer and she passed this down to my daughter 5 organized, you should see her house, lol.

At least you came up with some positive words.  : )  I have alot of bitterness/resentment towards my mother as well.  It feels like there's a lifetime of unresolved issues (for lack of a better word) built up.  Right now the only word I can conjure up is caring, in a very distant way.  Also, giving 'cause she gives to my children for holidays/special occasions.  I'll give her that.

sandbuster
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Quoting zboys:

Quoting sandbuster:

At least you came up with some positive words.  : )  I have alot of bitterness/resentment towards my mother as well.  It feels like there's a lifetime of unresolved issues (for lack of a better word) built up.  Right now the only word I can conjure up is caring, in a very distant way.  Also, giving 'cause she gives to my children for holidays/special occasions.  I'll give her that.

Glad that she cares for your children. My mom refuses to go see my daughter today on her b-day because it wastes gas. I'd understand because my stepdad is not working, but my daughter lives 15 minutes away and they go out to a trailer they bought every weekend that is 2 hrs. away. I would give anything to be with my daughter today (she is adopted) but I can't drive and her and I have been fbing each other all afternoon, she understands there is a leg. reason for me not being there.

Alieda
by Group Owner on May. 4, 2012 at 3:01 PM
I am sorry you can not be with your daughter. We have play with moving out of ok when sd retirebut we have decide not to be the far way from Jeff.
I am also sorry you all have a hard releship with your morthers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)