My Ladies Bible Study teacher give us this in our last class. Here is a way to remember to pray for everything that is in important to you.
It is called The Five Finger Prayer
(1) Thumb is nearest you . So begin your prayers by praying for those closest to you. They are the easiest to remember . To pray for our loves ones, as S. C. Lewis once said a sweet duty.
(2) The next finger is the pointing finger . Pray for those who teach, instruct and heal. This includes teachers,nurse, doctors, and minsters. They need support and wisdom in pointing others in the right direction. Keep them in your prayers.
(3) The next finger is the tallest. It reminds us of our leaders. Pray for the president, the leaders in business and industry and administrators. Those people shape out nation and guild public opinion. They need God's guidance.
(4) The fourth finger is our ring finger . Surprising to many is the fact that this is our weakest finger as any piano teacher will testify. It should reminds us to pray for those who are weak , in trouble or in pain. They need your prayers day and night. You cannot pray to much for them.
(5) And lastly comes the little finger, the smallest finger of all. Which is where we should place ourselves in relation to God and others. As the Bible says " The least shall be the greast among you. " Your pinkie should remind you to pray for yourself. By the time you have prayed for the other four fingers , your own needs will be put into proper perspective and you will be able to pray for yourself more effectively.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.