Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question of the Day - Thursday Oct 4th

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:47 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 96 Total Views

Are you afraid of spiders? Or any other insects?

Normally I am not afraid of spiders because the ones around here are generally little or daddy long legs. I can manage to pick those ones up with a tissue and get them out of the house. But this fall I've been finding spiders in our basement that have big thick bodies - and those kind freak me out! I send my husband down to deal with those ones LOL!

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alieda
by Group Owner on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:11 PM

I not afraid of spiders , I will just step on them with my shoes. I am afraid of bees and wasps  because I am allergy to their strings and have to go get a shot to stop the reaction. It is not deadly to me thank God , but still does a number on me.

I love your act work.

zboys
by dictionary on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Roaches--can't stand them!  They're disgusting and ugly!

sonshining
by comic book on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Not afraid of spiders, got lotsa them around our house and outdoors. I AM afraid of scorpians. We have them in our area. Not the deadly kind, (thank God, because we've all been stung by them) just small ones, but their sting still hurts.

Alieda
by Group Owner on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Can not stand Roaches and scorpians

ksbondgirl
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I cannot deal with spiders once they get about 2inches in diameter.  Daddy Longlegs are not spiders, they are insects because they only have 6 legs.

One summer morning, I woke up and I found a huge black and very furry spider on a pillow that fell onto the floor.  I called my brother to come and kill it but he was on his way out to work.  Mind you I was half awake at the time.  I chose to use one of my flimsy tennis shoes to kill it.  I swung at it and missed.  I swung at it again and that thing popped upin the air and landed on my hand.  I screamed to the tops of my lungs and my brother heard me all the way down the street.  He came back to see what happened.  By that time, I shook it off my hand and it landed back on the pillow with one leg sticking out.

zboys
by dictionary on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Funny story!  Sounds gross.  lol

Quoting ksbondgirl:

I cannot deal with spiders once they get about 2inches in diameter.  Daddy Longlegs are not spiders, they are insects because they only have 6 legs.

One summer morning, I woke up and I found a huge black and very furry spider on a pillow that fell onto the floor.  I called my brother to come and kill it but he was on his way out to work.  Mind you I was half awake at the time.  I chose to use one of my flimsy tennis shoes to kill it.  I swung at it and missed.  I swung at it again and that thing popped upin the air and landed on my hand.  I screamed to the tops of my lungs and my brother heard me all the way down the street.  He came back to see what happened.  By that time, I shook it off my hand and it landed back on the pillow with one leg sticking out.

zboys
by dictionary on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:34 PM

When we first moved into our house, I would scream and shudder whenever I had to spray the scorpions.  Now it's no big deal, thank goodness.  Most of my household has been stung too.  We're in AZ.  Where are you?  If I had to choose between roaches and scorpions, I'd choose scorpions any day.

Quoting sonshining:

Not afraid of spiders, got lotsa them around our house and outdoors. I AM afraid of scorpians. We have them in our area. Not the deadly kind, (thank God, because we've all been stung by them) just small ones, but their sting still hurts.

Alieda
by Group Owner on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:49 PM

I do not knoew igf you ladies have hear this story before so if you have please forgive me . When my borther was about 2 I guess but it was a very little one. He was in his room by himself when all at once he get very quite , well we as mothers know that means trouble . We all arrive in the bedroom at once and found my borther Dave pulling a baby scorpions. The thing would crawl away and Dave would pull it back toward him. He give my dad a ugly look when he first pull Dave away from it and then get tid of it. The even funny thing is my borther is 49 now and when we get telling family stoies , he will say he did not when we talk about the scorpions.  He thinks we have make it up.

zboys
by dictionary on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Playing with the scorpions.  Cute story!

When my oldest was about one, I witnessed him sitting on the kitchen floor playing with a fly.  Ew!

Quoting Alieda:

I do not knoew igf you ladies have hear this story before so if you have please forgive me . When my borther was about 2 I guess but it was a very little one. He was in his room by himself when all at once he get very quite , well we as mothers know that means trouble . We all arrive in the bedroom at once and found my borther Dave pulling a baby scorpions. The thing would crawl away and Dave would pull it back toward him. He give my dad a ugly look when he first pull Dave away from it and then get tid of it. The even funny thing is my borther is 49 now and when we get telling family stoies , he will say he did not when we talk about the scorpions.  He thinks we have make it up.

Alieda
by Group Owner on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:27 PM

We just have fun with how  he was so happy  playing with it like it was a toy . And of course now how he does not believe the story no matter how many time he hears it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN