Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question of the Day, October 7th

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:25 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 70 Total Views

This morning at church, we found an interesting Bible in the pew.  It was dated 1945, had a record of a couple births from 1878 and had a notation of a verse (Revelation 14:13) for JFK's memorial.  In the back was an index of names to include the pronunciation, meaning, and location (chapter and verse) of all the names of people and places in the Bible.  Included throughout were paintings of different scenes from Scripture.  The book was in very good condition (which I surprised to see) compared to some books from today that have already fallen apart.  I thought it was interesting and just wanted to share. 

Have you found any Bibles or other books from antiquity?

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Alieda
by Group Owner on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:25 AM

Jeff ands I go to a annul book sale that is holded at a private school  they always have a room with old books  and some of them are first runs of some very old goods. Like they was a first edition of Jack London's Call of The Wild. There have been old Bibles in the room. We can never afford to buy any but it is aways fun to look and see what they have in it .

zboys
by dictionary on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Call of the Wild was a good read.  Have you read it?  My husband has a really old Bible from who-knows-where.  It's really thick and about 3" X 2".  It's in storage--now I'm curious as to what the copyright date is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)