Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question of the Day Thursday December 6th

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:25 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 138 Total Views

Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Growing up I remember being jealous of my Catholic friends because they got to open presents Christmas Eve after they returned from midnight Mass. We had to wait until Christmas morning - and no earlier than 7 am. When do you open presents with your family?

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
zboys
by dictionary on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Xmas morning.

HisAngel_07
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this

My dad's family opened their gifts on Christmas Eve, my mother's on Christmas Day. So when I was little, my parents compromised. We got to open one on Christmas Eve night, and the rest on Christmas Day. I've done pretty much the same thing with my kids, except on Christmas Eve they do not get one gift, they get their stockings. That way they got several gifts, although they were smaller, and I was sure to include things that would help to occupy them and contain their excitement through Christmas morning, because we wouldn't open gifts until after getting dressed and having a huge breakfast (another tradition from my own upbringing).

Anne_Yoder
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:16 PM
We do one gift on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas morning. I love the Stocking idea though!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sonshining
by comic book on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Well, we open one gift Christmas eve. Depends on what family members are present. If my stepson are over that night we open our gifts from them. Then our immediate family opens them Christmas morning.

Alieda
by Group Owner on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Christmas morning

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)