Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Possable List For 2017

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 6:28 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 174 Total Views

Here is where I will put the possible list together. I will keep it locked until I am ready for your votes. Ladies it is very important that everyone  voted on this list. I of course with not cast my vote until the end of the time to voted.  Lets see how  we can make our group better then it has be this year to many time I had trouble with topic to discuss base on this year books. Our members  of active members are way down. I love you ladies who have stay involved.  But lets improve our members if we can. 

I will give you all until Friday the 13 of January to vote on this list , then I will cast my votes. If there are any ties at the point we will vote again to break them. 

Feburary 

Taking Flight  byArdian Manguson
Eremy Walsh’s parents assume he’s been abducted by the elderly man he met on a cross-country flight, but it’s the other way around. Two unlikely companions meet in midair: 13-year-old Jeremy, sent against his will by his career-absorbed father to spend the summer with his bipolar mother, and Harry, one-legged and afflicted with mid-stage Alzheimer’s, who escapes the confinement of home for what may be his last adventure. 

The Boston Girl by Anita Diamant 
An unforgettable novel about a young Jewish woman growing up in Boston in the early twentieth century, told “with humor and optimism…through the eyes of an irresistible heroine” (People)—from the acclaimed author of The Red Tent. 

Where  The Winldflowers Bloom by Ann Shorney The War Between the States stole a father and brother from Faith Lindberg-- as well as Royal Baxter, the man she wanted to marry. With only her grandfather left, she dreams of leaving Noble Springs, Missouri, and traveling west to Oregon to start a new life, away from the memories that haunt her. But first she must convince her grandfather to sell the family's mercantile and leave a town their family has called home for generations

.Sarai By Jill Eileen Smith   This is the story of Saria and Abramham. We have read other books by Jill and I for one enjoy them very much

The Color of Water by James Mca Bride  Who is Ruth McBride Jordan? A self-declared "light-skinned" woman evasive about her ethnicity, yet steadfast in her love for her twelve black children. James McBride, journalist, musician, and son, explores his mother's past, as well as his own upbringing and heritage, in a poignant and powerful debut, The Color Of Water: A Black Man's Tribute to His White Mother.

Tow By Two  by Nichols Sparks  #1 New York Times bestselling author Nicholas Sparks returns with an emotionally powerful story of unconditional love, its challenges, its risks and most of all, its rewards

Heads in The Clouds by Karen Witemeyer Adelaide Proctor, embarrassed by a husband-hunting debacle, finds herself in need of a job. Gideon Westcott left his privileged life in England to start over on a sheep farm, and is in need of a governess for his young daughter. When Adelaide gets the governess job, she fits right in working wonders with little Isabella, who has been mute since her mother died. Isabella isn't the only one who is beginning to love Adelaide . . . Gideon finds himself developing romantic feelings for her. But when Isabella's evil uncle comes looking for her and her inheritance, danger lurks everywhere. Can Adelaide and Gideon work together to protect Isabella? And what of their burgeoning love for each other?

March 

THE D Plan by Sheri Sheperd 
In Plan D, Sherri Shepherd, Emmy Award winner and cohost of The View, presents her easy-to-follow program for losing weight, managing sugar sensitivity, and getting moving—all to help you feel and look your best.

Where The Pink Houese Are by Rebekah Ruth 
When unthinkable tragedy strikes, will Brenna and her mother-in-law, Anna, find healing half a world away amid the green Irish hills? Brenna begins to think she may be able to build a new life in a new land when Anna's eccentric family welcomes her with open arms. But it's in the arms of the town heartbreaker, Luke Dillon,  

Coming Home To Myself by Wynonna Judd

From the heart of one of the world's most beloved entertainers comes an engaging memoir of professional triumph, private heartbreak, and personal victory. From Wynonna Judd's beginnings as part of the celebrated, multiple-award-winning, platinum-selling duo with her mother Naomi to an equally triumphant solo career to the dramatic turning point that forced the country music superstar to reevaluate her life, her priorities, and her past, this is a memoir as dynamic as the woman herself-a story of survival, strength, family, and forgiveness.

Then Sings My Soul : 150 Of The Worlds Greatest Hymns by Robery Morgan J.  Page

Don't look for a dry recounting of boring stories. These devotional-style stories show the emotion and drama behind the hymns of faith that have changed many lives throughout history -- the people whose faith led them to write these wonderful hymns and the people whose faith was affected by reading, hearing, and singing the songs. Designed to be personally reflective, these stories speak to your soul and add depth and meaning as you worship God through song.

A Shameful Murder by Cora Harrison 
Cork, Ireland. 1923. When, one wet March morning, Reverend Mother Aquinas discovers a body at the gate of the convent chapel washed up after a flood ‘like a mermaid in gleaming silver satin’, she immediately sends for one of her former pupils, Police Sergeant Patrick Cashman, to investigate. Dead bodies are not unusual in the poverty-stricken slums of Cork city, but this one is dressed in evening finery; in her handbag is a dance programme for the exclusive Merchant’s Ball held the previous evening – and a midnight ticket for the Liverpool ferry. 

SandStoriy : The Amazing Story Of How Sand Changed My Life by  Joe Castillo In his teenage years, Joe Castillo developed a passion for using art to tell stories. Joe has told his "WordStories" to audiences for more than thirty years. He also created "ArtStory" presentations that combined those stories with illustrations drawn for live audiences. His newest adventure is "SandStory." Drawing in sand on a light table he is able to tell stories to music. These fluid illustrations are seen by the audience as they watch the images projected on a large screen. "SandStory" went viral on YouTube, and hundreds of invitations from around the world crowded his calendar. It became a totally unexpected new career. Joe wrote down the crazy adventures he and his wife Cindy were having on the road. This book is the inside record of the fun, fascinating, inspirational, and exciting adventure of how sand changed his life.

David and The Psalms by Meachal  J Ruszazla

Through David and the story of the kingship, God taught us about his governance of the world and of his people. David was only human and at times the worthy subject of both praise and severe criticism. But in his relationship with God, we find a model for the people both then and today: suppleness to God’s will; wholehearted pursuit of righteousness; sincere repentance from sin; mercy for others; and true worship of God, who alone is worthy.

April 

With Every Letter by Sarah Sunder
A wartime correspondence between a World War Ii flight nurse and an army engineer takes an unexpected twist when she arrives to evacuate the wounded in his battalion.

House Rules by Jody Picout  
When your son can’t look you in the eye . . . does that mean he’s guilty?

Jacob Hunt is a teen with Asperger’s syndrome. He’s hopeless at reading social cues or expressing himself well to others, though he is brilliant in many ways. But he has a special focus on one subject—forensic analysis. A police scanner in his room clues him in to crime scenes, and he’s always showing up and telling the cops what to do. And he’s usually right.

Ghost No MOre by  Cee Cee James 
 It is more than the story of an abused child; it's a story about the capacity of the human spirit to survive and thrive. It will leave you feeling empowered in your own life journey. -- Leslie G Nelson, author of Everything I Needed to Know About Parenting I Learned in Prison: A Correctional Officer's Tale topics- child abuse, women's memoir, hope, health, eating disorders, teen, depression, true crime, recovery,

The Centurion's Wife by Davis Dunn  and Jeantte Oaks
Janette Oke has dreamed for years of retelling a story in a biblical time frame from a female protagonist's perspective, and Davis Bunn is elated to be working with her again on this sweeping saga of the dramatic events surrounding the birth of Christianity. . .and the very personal story of Leah, a young Jewess of mixed heritage trapped in a vortex of competing political agendas and private trauma. Caught up in the maelstrom following the death of an obscure rabbi in the Roman backwater of firstcentury Palestine, Leah finds herself also engulfed in her own turmoilfacing the prospect of an arranged marriage to a Roman soldier, Alban, who seems to care for nothing but his own ambitions

100 Best Loved Poems by Phillp Smith
Popular, well-known poetry: "The Passionate Shepherd to His Love," "Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?" "Death, be not proud," "The Raven," "The Road Not Taken," plus works by Blake, Wordsworth, Byron, Coleridge, Shelley, Emerson, Browning, Keats, Kipling, Sandburg, Pound, Auden, Thomas, and many others. Includes 13 selections from the Common Core State Standards Initiative: "Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening," "Fog," "Chicago," "Jabberwocky," "O Captain! My Captain!" "The Road Not Taken," "Musee des Beaux Arts," "Ozymandias," "Sonnet 73," "The Raven," "Because I Could Not Stop for Death," "Ode on a Grecian Urn," and "The River Merchant's Wife: A Letter."

On Calvary Hill Max Lucado With On Calvary's Hill by Max Lucado, you'll embark on a meaningful journey through the Lenten season! These 40 devotional readings feature Scripture verses, prayer prompts, and favorite passages from many of Lucado's best-selling books - including No Wonder They Call Him the SaviorHe Chose the Nails, and 3:16. A fresh new way for the whole family to anticipate the celebration of Easter!  

May

he Frist Gardener by Deneise Hildreth
Jeremiah Williams has been tending the gardens of the Tennessee governor’s mansion for over twenty-five years. And like most first families who have come and gone, this one has stolen his heart. 
Mackenzie and her husband, Governor Gray London, have struggled for ten years to have a child and are now enjoying a sweet season of life―anticipating the coming reelection and sending their precious daughter, Maddie, off to kindergarten―when a tragedy tears their world apart. As the entire state mourns, Mackenzie falls into a grief that threatens to swallow her whole. 

Sit, Stay Speak by Annie England Noblin

Echoing the novels of Mary Alice Monroe, Allie Larkin, and Holly Robinson, this charming debut novel tells the unforgettable story of a rescue dog that helps a struggling young outsider make peace with the past.

Motherhood IS Muder by Diana Orgain 
this is a cute little who done it that takes place at a Frist Time Mom's outing

When I Married My Mother by Jo Meaderhis book is important to every mother and daughter, and to every woman who wants to be one." -- MAYA ANGELOU. 

An irreverent New York City DJ braces for disaster when she moves to the Bible Belt to care for her estranged mother. What unfolds in this best-selling memoir is a hilarious, heartbreaking love story that sees eldercare and making peace with the past in a whole new way. Bonus material includes an author Q&A, Mama Jo's Favorite Cookie award-winning recipe, caregiving tips, and discussion questions.

God Give Me You by TriciaSeaman
When a single mother with terminal cancer asks an oncology nurse to look after her son, neither can imagine what God has in store. This is the heartwarming story of how two very different women with two very different paths were brought together for one very special purpose.

What Was Mine by Helen Klein Ross
Simply told but deeply affecting, in the bestselling tradition of Alice McDermott and Tom Perrotta, this urgent novel unravels the heartrending yet unsentimental tale of a woman who kidnaps a baby in a superstore—and gets away with it for twenty-one years.

On Distant Shores by Sarah Sundin
t. Georgiana Taylor has everything she could want. A comfortable boyfriend back home, a loving family, and a challenging job as a flight nurse. But in July 1943, Georgie's cozy life gets decidedly more complicated when she meets pharmacist Sgt. John Hutchinson. Hutch resents the lack of respect he gets as a noncommissioned serviceman and hates how the war keeps him from his fiancée. While Georgie and Hutch share a love of the starry night skies over Sicily, their lives back home are falling apart. Can they weather the hurt and betrayal? Or will the pressures of war destroy the fragile connection they've made?

Edith Cavell : Faith before a Firing Squard by Catherinae Buther 

Edith Louisa Cavell was a British nurse. She is celebrated for saving the lives of soldiers from both sides and in helping some 200 Allied soldiers escape from German-occupied Belgium during the First World War, for which she was arrested. She was subsequently court-martialled, found guilty of treason, and sentenced to death. She was shot by a German firing squad at the age of 49. Her execution was greeted with worldwide condemnation and extensive press coverage.

June
This is the summer month we will read our classic so our kids and join us if you and the nkids want to do so.  

What IS Visable by Kimberly Elkins

A vividly original literary novel based on the astounding true-life story of Laura Bridgman, the first deaf and blind person who learned language and blazed a trail for Helen Keller 

The God Of All Comfort by Hannah Whitetail Smith
In an effort to resolve the discomfort many Christians feel in the absence of an abundant life, Hanna Whitall Smith wrote “God of All Comfort.” Employing anecdotes and lively language, she sought to clarify the nature of man’s relationship to God. Largely because of her practical approach to faith, Smith’s books continue to be widely read.

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte 
Wuthering Heights is Emily Brontë's first and only published novel, written between October 1845 and June 1846, and published in 1847 under the pseudonym Ellis Bell; Brontë died the following year, aged 30. The decision to publish came after the success of her sister Charlotte's novel, Jane Eyre. After Emily's death, Charlotte edited the manuscript of Wuthering Heights, 

Hinds Feet On High Places by Hannah Hurnard
Much-Afraid had been in the service of the Chief Shepherd, whose great flocks were pastured down in the Valley of Humiliation. She lived with her friends and fellow workers Mercy and Peace in a tranquil little white cottage in the village of Much-Trembling. She loved her work and desired intensely to please the Chief Shepherd, but happy as she was in most ways, she was conscious of several things which hindered her in her work and caused her much secret distress and shame. Here is the allegorical tale of Much-Afraid, an every-woman searching for guidance from God to lead her to a higher place.

To Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
From Harper Lee comes a landmark new novel set two decades after her beloved Pulitzer Prize–winning masterpiece, To Kill a Mockingbird.

A Wrinkle IN Time by Madeleeine L Engle

A Wrinkle in Time and the wonderful and unforgettable characters Meg and Charles Wallace Murry, and their friend Calvin O'Keefe.

When the children learn that Mr. Murry has been captured by the Dark Thing, they time travel to Camazotz, where they must face the leader IT in the ultimate battle between good and evil―a journey that threatens their lives and our universe.

The Practice OF The Present of God by brother Lawerance

For  three centuries the writings of Brother Lawrence have taught Christians that God is as present in the kitchen as in the cathedral and as accessible in the living room as He is around the Lord's table. This simple, yet profound teaching will empower you to seek the joy of God's presence in the midst of every moment and circumstance.

July 

Gateway To Freedom by Eric Famer 
The story of the underground railroad

The imitation of Christ by  Thomas Kempis 
This classic of Christian devotional literature has brought understanding and comfort to millions for centuries. Both Protestants and Catholics — as well as mystics and historians of religious thought

The Breaking Point by Karen Ball 
Renee and Gabe Romanon an anniversary trip to a remote resort, their truck hurtles down the side of a mountain. Suddenly, they find themselves at the mercy of the rugged Oregon wilderness, forced to fight for survival by relying on each other. But both must surrender their last defenses if they are to come home at last—to God and to each other.

Love is A Verb by Gray Chapman

Inspiring true stories of lives changed by love with a "Love Lesson" written by Gary Chapman following each story demonstrating true love in action.

The Wedding Dress by Rachel Hauck 

Four brides. One Dress.

A tale of faith, redemption, and timeless love.

Charlotte owns a chic Birmingham bridal boutique. Dressing brides for their big day is her gift . . . and her passion. But with her own wedding day approaching, why can’t she find the perfect dress…or feel certain she should marry Tim?

My Amish Childhood by Jerry Eicher 
Bestselling fiction author Jerry S. Eicher (nearly half a million books sold) turns his pen to a moving memoir of his life growing up Amish. 

Jerry's mother was nineteen years old and nine months married when he was born. She had received Grandfather Stoll's permission for the wedding because she agreed to help out on the farm the following year. However, with Jerry on the way, those plans failed. 

Jerry recounts his first two years of school in the Amish community of Aylmer, Ontario and his parents' decision to move to Honduras. Life in that beautiful Central American country is seen through an Amish boy's eyes--and then the dark days when the community failed and the family returned to America, much to young Jerry's regret. Jerry also tells of his struggle as a stutterer and his eventual conversion to Christ and the reasons for his departure from the childhood faith he knew. 

Here is a must-read for not just Jerry's fiction fans, but also for readers curious about Amish life.

Called Out  by Janet Boynes

If you are struggling with homosexuality, Janet is living proof that there is hope through Jesus Christ. She offers firsthand insight and provides resources for those seeking a way out. Janet shares the pain of her early childhood that lead to her 14 years as a lesbian. She exposes the deceptions behind the homosexual lifestyle and unmasks the myths gay activist have used to silence the church. This book will challenge readers to know that God's Word brings victory over even the most seductive lures of darkness. It gives hope for the ones struggling with homosexuality and their families, and challenges the church to reach out with the love of Jesus Christ, expressed through concerned and caring Christians. Janet proclaims, "God has bound up my broken heart, and I am a new creation. My story is proof that it doesn't matter how far you've gone or what you've done, God still calls, and He calls in love."

by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 6:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)