Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QOTD

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 4:21 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 55 Total Views
Do u ever have dreams about ur job/work? I do alot.
by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
rosepetal24
by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 4:59 PM

When I was in my next to my last placement in the Public School being a Bilingual/ESL teacher I used to have dreams a lot....

They were not peaceful ones, as I did not have the creativity I had in the Catholic school. It was fun to teach in the Catholic School....:) 

In the Public School there were a lot of demands put on me to teach those kids the TAKS test, even in Spanish, plus teach them Emergent English at the same time...

Most personell:  Administration nor the general public realizes just how much pressure is put on teachers in At Risk Schools: teaching "typical" kids and type of kids I had...

There was a lot of paperwork:  forms to fill out and papers to correct...

The dreams I had were that I would never get my work done on time...

Thankfully I am not in the classroom anymore.  Ten years out and the nightmares are over!!!   

zboys
by encyclopedia on Jun. 4, 2017 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I come from a family of teachers, so I can understand the demand that is unfortunately placed on them. That would be a nightmare of a dream to experience again and again. I'm glad for u that u r out now!

Quoting rosepetal24:

When I was in my next to my last placement in the Public School being a Bilingual/ESL teacher I used to have dreams a lot....

They were not peaceful ones, as I did not have the creativity I had in the Catholic school. It was fun to teach in the Catholic School....:) 

In the Public School there were a lot of demands put on me to teach those kids the TAKS test, even in Spanish, plus teach them Emergent English at the same time...

Most personell:  Administration nor the general public realizes just how much pressure is put on teachers in At Risk Schools: teaching "typical" kids and type of kids I had...

There was a lot of paperwork:  forms to fill out and papers to correct...

The dreams I had were that I would never get my work done on time...

Thankfully I am not in the classroom anymore.  Ten years out and the nightmares are over!!!   

Alieda
by Group Owner on Jun. 4, 2017 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have dreams about my job when I know I did not handle that customer the best I could , or just about someone of the crazy people I had to deal with sometimes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)