Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Are Yo uReading This week of June 19- 25th

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:15 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 57 Total Views

I have about 20 pages in our book for the month  ,  I am also reading The Essential Guide To Mystery Shopping by Pamela CA. It is a good book on the subject for beginning , it has not been the best write for me.

So what are you readng

by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
rosepetal24
by on Jun. 19, 2017 at 2:28 PM

I am still working on my book about the ladies deciding to sew in tumultuous times for the people of Afghanistan after the invasion of the Taliban.

Another book I want to delve into is one, which I believe that was on the list from this site, is "Until We Reach Home" by Lynn Austin, about three women emigrating from Sweden in 1897 to Chicago, Illinois.

This story is very appealing to me as I am reseaching my Polish Grandpa who came to the United States around the same time.  We from the family know a lot about him once he got here, but what port he came through:  Ellis Island or Baltimore is a mystery to us.

This journey I am on has so far been a wonderful one, meeting many people that want to aid me in my quest and finding out what could have been the reasons he came here, traveling on a ship before the 1900s, and what life was like in Poland before the Russians took over.

Just fascinating things to read about the people I care so much about with compassion for their plight of being oppressed:  their courage, giving up living in the homeland, the reasons for coming or fleeing Eastern Europe....so parallel to what is going on currently.

Alieda
by Group Owner on Jun. 20, 2017 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes it was on the list one year and it was a very good book. 

Quoting rosepetal24:

I am still working on my book about the ladies deciding to sew in tumultuous times for the people of Afghanistan after the invasion of the Taliban.

Another book I want to delve into is one, which I believe that was on the list from this site, is "Until We Reach Home" by Lynn Austin, about three women emigrating from Sweden in 1897 to Chicago, Illinois.

This story is very appealing to me as I am reseaching my Polish Grandpa who came to the United States around the same time.  We from the family know a lot about him once he got here, but what port he came through:  Ellis Island or Baltimore is a mystery to us.

This journey I am on has so far been a wonderful one, meeting many people that want to aid me in my quest and finding out what could have been the reasons he came here, traveling on a ship before the 1900s, and what life was like in Poland before the Russians took over.

Just fascinating things to read about the people I care so much about with compassion for their plight of being oppressed:  their courage, giving up living in the homeland, the reasons for coming or fleeing Eastern Europe....so parallel to what is going on currently.

trixie11
by comic book on Jun. 21, 2017 at 8:57 AM

I'm reading Any Bitter Thing by Monica Wood for my book club.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)