Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

quick and super easy rice pudding recipe

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:35 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 357 Total Views

I found a recipe online for rice pudding and with a little palying have found the best tasting rice pudding I have had in years and though I would share since it also happens to be super easy. All you need is a few ingredients, cooking utensils, bowls and a microwave

1 cup uncooked dry rice

1 & 1/4 cup milk

1 cup water

Pudding mixture:

1 box any brand vanilla instant pudding (regular size small box)

2 cups milk

1-2 tablespoons cinnamon to taste

put milk, water and rice in a 2qt microwave safe bowl and microwave covered on high for 5 minutes then reduce the power to half and continue microwaving for an additional 15 minutes.

once your rice is done mix the milk, pudding mix and cinnamon as directed on the pudding package.

while rice is still warm mix rice and pudding mixture then serve

Total cook time was about 25 minutes and my daughter loves it. I personally tried the 2 tablespoons of cinnamon and found it a bit too much so add less than you think you would like at first because you can always add more later but can not take it out once it is mixed in :)

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
grandmotherof6
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 8:11 AM

I will try that, never had real instant  pudding place in rice pudding before, never made it either, but my mother-in-law makes homemade rice pudding and I love it, Thank you for this recipe!!!

5BabyBees
by Elaine, Group Admin on May. 15, 2013 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for posting!  If you don't mind, I'm going to add this to the group cookbook!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)