Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Uncooked Rice

Posted by on May. 14, 2013 at 4:54 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 247 Total Views

If a recipe calls for uncooked rice, can you substitute it for minute rice?  I'm not much of a cook but I have a recipe I want to try!

by on May. 14, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZsMommy
by Heids on May. 14, 2013 at 4:56 PM

I would probably just add it near the end since minute rice is kinda 'pre" cooked. If you toss it in at the beginning you'll just end up with goop cuz the rice will just turn into starch.

frankiesma530
by New Member on May. 14, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Thanks!  I'll have to find a different recipe then.  I was trying to make like a cheesy chicken and broccoli casserole.  I guess it'll have to wait!

Quoting ZsMommy:

I would probably just add it near the end since minute rice is kinda 'pre" cooked. If you toss it in at the beginning you'll just end up with goop cuz the rice will just turn into starch.

ZsMommy
by Heids on May. 14, 2013 at 4:59 PM

You can probably find a version-does Minute Rice have a website? There may be recipes on there you could check out.

Quoting frankiesma530:

Thanks!  I'll have to find a different recipe then.  I was trying to make like a cheesy chicken and broccoli casserole.  I guess it'll have to wait!

Quoting ZsMommy:

ZsMommy
by Heids on May. 14, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Here ya go-This will take you to their recipes

Recipe Collections

grandmotherof6
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 8:06 AM

no,  you have to use uncooked rice, that instant rice is just crap in recipes, since you are a new cook follow the recipes to the letter, you don't want to waist your money and time on a ruined meal.

grandmotherof6
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 8:07 AM

waste

frankiesma530
by New Member on May. 15, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks lol That's exactly what I ended up having to do is look through the recipes on their site. I tweaked the ingredients but it came out great. Thank you!

Quoting ZsMommy:

Here ya go-This will take you to their recipes

Recipe Collections

frankiesma530
by New Member on May. 15, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Thanks, I'm going to buy some real rice for some other recipes I want to try out this week!

Quoting grandmotherof6:

no,  you have to use uncooked rice, that instant rice is just crap in recipes, since you are a new cook follow the recipes to the letter, you don't want to waist your money and time on a ruined meal.

ZsMommy
by Heids on May. 15, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Try Jasmine rice! IMO it's beter than basic long grain white.

Quoting frankiesma530:

Thanks, I'm going to buy some real rice for some other recipes I want to try out this week!

Quoting grandmotherof6:

frankiesma530
by New Member on May. 15, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Hmm I don't think I've ever had that before.  Nice.  Thanks for that tip.  

Quoting ZsMommy:

Try Jasmine rice! IMO it's beter than basic long grain white.

Quoting frankiesma530:

Quoting grandmotherof6:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)