Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Is It Just Me..

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 12:59 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hello Ladies,
Do you ever ask yourself "What am I doing?"  I have been a stay at home mom for a little while and I love my kids, I am pretty well organized throughout my day but yet....I feel like, I don't know what I am doing.    The weather changed again so I am stuck in the house again with the kids who I am sure have severe Cabin Fever.   
In my house I go through so much Milk that I feel I should just go out and buy a cow and put it in my backyard! 
My daughter is in preschool for a couple of hours everyday which is nice.  My boys are becoming two little tornados on wheels.  They are still not talking nor are they potty trained----but I am hoping to change that soon. 
Sorry for ranting I just feel kinda not myself today--I am not depressed just kinda Blaa..

by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
1st.timemom
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 1:07 PM

In a way I know how you feel. I have a 7th month baby and sometimes I feel like it never ends. When she sleeps during the day i try to clean up the house, and finish up the laundry. But for some reason I can never finish. As soon as she wakes up she wants me to be with her 24/7. She cries if she dosen't see me and she is starting to crawl so she pulls on things and HAA!!!. I don't know if it was just me or was I just really bad at being a mom. Its my first so I think I will get the hang of it as she gets older.

heavensent_nyla
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 1:07 PM
I know what you mean..

you ever wake up and feel lost
you hear the sermons
how Christ paid the cost
yet you don't feel free

you ever wake up wondering who
who you are and what you're doing
what you want
and where you going

somedays I feel on top of things
other days
its the blues I sing

sometimes I feel I understand
what I'm doing
and who I am
But not today.....
godess
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 1:24 PM
No, its definately not just you.I feel like that a lot.
Kharymom
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 1:27 PM
My hats are off you all you SAHM's! I CAN'T do it! My children wouldbe screaming for help! Try a mommy and me class at the YMCA while your one is in school. Have you looked into full day preschool for him and half day for them? You can probably get more done at home. I know money is a big thing too. Trust I know! But i think putting the other two in a class in the morning while the other is in school will tkae up a lot of that cabin fever time. Good luck. Where do you live/ I can help you find things in your area. I am really good at that! Just let me know.
sexZma
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 1:42 PM
I do feel that way a lot, considering that I work in a hectic Emergency Department every night so that I can spend my days with my childern. But can you imagine working all night and then going home tired but not being able to sleep.. This is my life everyday. My kids are 3 at home, 5 half day kindergarden, 10 and 14 year olds. I wouldn't trade them in for anything.
richmondtwins
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 8:46 PM
I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL.  I ALSO HAVE TWINS AND THEY ARE VERY ACTIVE RIGHT NOW AND GET INTO EVERY THING AND ANY TIME THAT THEY ARE AWAKE THEY WANT MY ATTENTION 24/7. JUST KEEP YOUR HEAD UP AND REMEMBER EVERYTIME THE KIDS GO TO SLEEP DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU HAVE TO  DO HOUSE WORK OR LAUNDRY. TAKE SOME TIME FOR MOMMY TIME AND SIT DOWN WATCH SOME TV, EAT A BOWL OF ICE CREAM, OR READ A BOOK .  JUST DO WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO DO. BUT DONT DO HOUSEWORK THATS HOW YOU GET BURNED OUT AND START HAVING THEM BLAA DAYS, REMEMBER MOMMYS GET TIRED TO.   YOU WILL DEFINETLY FEEL BETTER.  IT REALLY WORKS.  BECAUSE THE HOUSEWORK AND LAUDRY IS STILL GOING TO BE THERE.WinkRICHMONDTWINS
twinmom2_4girls
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 11:24 PM
I know how you feel. I, too, am a SAHM. I have a set of one year old (yesterday) twin girls. They don't walk, one can sign eat and more (the other doesnt), I can't seem to even get a minute to poop. I WANT TO GET OUT OF THIS HOUSE!! This weather (cold and rainy) is driving me crazy. I just want to stand out in the middle of the street in the rain and scream to the top of my lungs. The only thing stopping me is my fear of being run over. LOL I don't do a lot of housework anymore. I can't. That was making my insanity worse. I now sit here in front of this computer most of the day. I watch a little TV and play with the kids too. Keep hope alive! LOL We will make it through this too.
cooltwinmom3
by on Apr. 13, 2007 at 10:03 AM
Thank you Ladies,
It was nice to get words of encouragement from each of you!  I am so glad that I am not alone, and thats what I love about this group. 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN