Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to African American Mommies....Please introduce yourself!

Posted by   + Show Post
Welcome to the African American Mommies group! We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1: Introduce yourself by replying to this post. It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2: Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting. You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3: Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friend. To send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.

To share a little more about yourself, add your special days to our group calendar!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message.

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 2:19 PM
Replies (21-30):
Candy2
by on Aug. 26, 2011 at 8:49 PM
Hello, I'm Candace. I've been here for quite some time. I'm the single mommy of an almost 11 year old son. I work full time and I love Jeopardy! !! LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alyson121
by Aly in the Kitchen on Aug. 26, 2011 at 9:56 PM

I'm Alyson a 40 year old SAHM of 5 children.  My children are Amira age 9, Aaliyah age 7, Ayana age 5, Asaria age 4 and Amare age 1.  I've been with my hubby, Langston since our first date in January 2001 and we've been married since 2003 (of course hubby said i was ALWAYS his wife LOL). 

I enjoy writing recipes and trying out new ones.  I also do videos on YouTube sharing what natural and organic food my family lives on (and why our grocery bills are in the thousands of dollars each month). 

I am a un-schooler to my children and enjoy letting them lead and honoring their unique learning styles. I learn from them more than i could ever teach them.

In my down time i like learning new things that are going to one day free me from "the matrix."

Girlzmachine
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2011 at 2:34 PM

My name is Unie. I am 34 yrs old been married for 9 yrs but currently trying to get out of the marriage, so my current relationship status is complicated. Right now dating a wonderful man and hopefully I can get divorced soon but I never want to get married again. I enjoyed my new found freedom as a single woman and I am really happy raising my kids on my own. I am happier than I have been in a loooong time.

I have 5 kids,  ages 10, 9,5,3,2. The first four are girls and the baby is a boy. I live in Southern California and I am a nursing student. I decided to change  my career from being a teacher. It is tough juggling school and 5 kids but I am determined to do it and my bf helps me as much as he can.

I enjoy coming to this site and a lot of the topics. Some of them really interest me because they are so close to my life experiences.

DVS
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2011 at 12:45 AM

Hello my name is...well yall can call me DVS(DeViouS), I am basically common law married (ahahaahhaa) naw but we have been together going on 13yrs we have 3 children Aliyana 7, Ayden 3, Azariah 6weeks

I like to read, twiddle my thumbs

taralove24
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2011 at 2:23 AM

Hi everyone, my name is Mel. I have been married for 11 years and we are the proud parents of two beautiful girls. I am currently a sahm but hope to start nursing school no later than summer 2012, so I can get back into the working world. In the meantime, I enjoy spending time with my family and friends and just acting silly with my baby girls. I love reading, watching all of the CSI shows and taking walks with my family (usually in the Fall because I cannot take the summer heat).

caramelmom
by on Aug. 28, 2011 at 4:25 PM
Welcome Val! Another familiar face! Congratulations on your vow renewal!

Quoting sydnbrycemom:

Hello Ladies-

I've been here for years :) I'm Val, married, mother of 2. Bryce is 5 and Sydney is 1 1/2 going on 35.. I'm an event planner and in my spare time I judge high school cheer competitions here in VA.

As of right now I am getting ready to renew my vows in Jamaica in.....eeeek.....15 days! (9-10-11). I've been super busy with planning events and my own event I have neglected my cafe mommies! But I am back now that things are calming down and hopefully I will be active like I was months ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caramelmom
by on Aug. 28, 2011 at 4:26 PM
Welcome Candace!

Quoting Candy2:

Hello, I'm Candace. I've been here for quite some time. I'm the single mommy of an almost 11 year old son. I work full time and I love Jeopardy! !! LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caramelmom
by on Aug. 28, 2011 at 4:29 PM
Hi Alyson, and welcome! I know you've been here for awhile too. I'd love to watch some of your YouTube videos, they sound interesting.

Quoting Alyson121:

I'm Alyson a 40 year old SAHM of 5 children.  My children are Amira age 9, Aaliyah age 7, Ayana age 5, Asaria age 4 and Amare age 1.  I've been with my hubby, Langston since our first date in January 2001 and we've been married since 2003 (of course hubby said i was ALWAYS his wife LOL). 

I enjoy writing recipes and trying out new ones.  I also do videos on YouTube sharing what natural and organic food my family lives on (and why our grocery bills are in the thousands of dollars each month). 

I am a un-schooler to my children and enjoy letting them lead and honoring their unique learning styles. I learn from them more than i could ever teach them.

In my down time i like learning new things that are going to one day free me from "the matrix."

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caramelmom
by on Aug. 28, 2011 at 4:31 PM
Welcome Unie! Good luck in school!

Quoting Girlzmachine:

My name is Unie. I am 34 yrs old been married for 9 yrs but currently trying to get out of the marriage, so my current relationship status is complicated. Right now dating a wonderful man and hopefully I can get divorced soon but I never want to get married again. I enjoyed my new found freedom as a single woman and I am really happy raising my kids on my own. I am happier than I have been in a loooong time.

I have 5 kids,  ages 10, 9,5,3,2. The first four are girls and the baby is a boy. I live in Southern California and I am a nursing student. I decided to change  my career from being a teacher. It is tough juggling school and 5 kids but I am determined to do it and my bf helps me as much as he can.

I enjoy coming to this site and a lot of the topics. Some of them really interest me because they are so close to my life experiences.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Girlzmachine
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Thank you Caramelmom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)