Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

four year old b day party any ideas?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:46 AM
  • 16 Replies

im not trying to break the bank but i want to do something cute lol i dont want to go to chucke cheese and i really dont want to have a party at the house.i dont think i have the yard space for a party i dunno. there is plenty to do here in san diego but like i said im not trying to go overboard. his birthday is oct 1st so i need to figure it out so i can get the word out.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mlomax07
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:07 AM

have his party at a local park...depending on the temperature, you can grill hot dogs and hamburgers for the children to eat...you can set up different games for the kids to play, and they can also take advantage of the playground equipment...

prverbs31woman

mlomax07@yahoo.com
inspiring4
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:43 AM

The zoo maybe, or the aquarium. How about a low key party with just a few people? Maybe just a pizza party at a local park. Best of luck Momma!

dmelyoung
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:12 AM

Craft parties are always a hit with that age group. You can do it at a park and and grill food just as mlomax07 said.

supermom664
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:08 AM
This sounds like a perfect idea...

Quoting mlomax07:

have his party at a local park...depending on the temperature, you can grill hot dogs and hamburgers for the children to eat...you can set up different games for the kids to play, and they can also take advantage of the playground equipment...

prverbs31woman

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermom664
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:20 AM
I bumped a old post of minds titled "Look at my homemade gift bags" Start with a theme whatever he's into right now and go to Party city and but cheap little tattoos, stickers, and facepaint. My older boys made different stands/booths out all tall card board boxes we had different stations for tattoos/face painting, snowcones, and cotton candy...it was a big hit for the little ones and inexpensive, all taken place in our backyard
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:42 AM

you can do a carnival theme party..set up a few carnival games(ring toss, pin the tail on the donkey, sack races, egg race...fill a small plastic kiddie pool w/water and magnetic fish(you can buy the fish and fishing poles at dollar tree) play the fishing game..Tickets can be given to the kids for playing the games(party city has carnival tickets)..Redeem the tickets for small prizes..Oriental trading company has pretty good deals on bulk prizes..

bxbsmommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:55 AM
My son is turning 4 and is having a ninja turtle party. I haven't decide on all of the games but one thing we will do is have a 15 minute karate lesson for the kids.
As for food of course we will be having pizza and I will be making green punch. I'm also making ninja turtle lollipos and a cookie pizza.
The favors include fortune cookies, Chinese bead bracelets. If you all know the story green ooze is a part of it. I'm giving the kids green glow sticks, green glow straws, and I'm making green ooze. They are also getting rubber bracelets with the turtles on them and bookbag pins. I'm placing all of the favors in personal pan pizza boxes. It may sound like I'm spending a Lot of money but most of the stuff I got from the dollar store and eBay. I forgot I also got them some Nina turtle trading cards.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by A_Diva2Hot2Handle on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:02 PM

I did a carnival theme party for my son once! And I went to the Dollar Tree gotten all sorts of things!

I agree with others park is free&Dollar Tree is an easy,cheap way to go! Especially for a 4yo! Good Luck!

Quoting inmybizz:

you can do a carnival theme party..set up a few carnival games(ring toss, pin the tail on the donkey, sack races, egg race...fill a small plastic kiddie pool w/water and magnetic fish(you can buy the fish and fishing poles at dollar tree) play the fishing game..Tickets can be given to the kids for playing the games(party city has carnival tickets)..Redeem the tickets for small prizes..Oriental trading company has pretty good deals on bulk prizes..

Hottmomma607
by A_Diva2Hot2Handle on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:05 PM

Ok Here is a pic of his cake we did a couple years ago! I got to find the other pics of the clown hat,etc.

Brehi
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:02 PM

Yeah,  the park idea is a good one. You're in California so the weather should be nice enough. Get hot dogs,chips,cupcakes and juice. And kids that age will play for hours with those birthday horns (the ones you blow and make noise that just gets on your nerve).  Get them some b'day hats, bubbles to blow and a ball or 2. They'll have a blast OHHH and face paint! I did that at my ds's 5th b'day party...they loved the face paint.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)