Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those of you who suffer from panic attacks.

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:33 PM
  • 12 Replies

Please PM me and tell me what age they started for you and how they made you feel physically.  I also need to know if there is a certain thing that sets them off.  I think that I know someone who is having them and she wants to say it's something else.

Thanks!

Pam, Admin of the AAPA bouncing mom

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
a_leigh_d
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:14 PM
No shame in my game. I will go public. It may help someone here. I haven't had an attack In a LONG time but when I did, the attacks could be small or severe. Mild: a rush of sudden nervousness for no valid reason. Severe:
Sweaty palms, irregular breathing, tears, and tremors. These were brought on by multiple stress factors happening at the same time or a tragedy. Mine seem to have been cured by age. The older I get the more I learn not to sweat the small stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ksbondgirl
by Bond's Girl on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:19 AM

Quoting a_leigh_d:

No shame in my game. I will go public. It may help someone here. I haven't had an attack In a LONG time but when I did, the attacks could be small or severe. Mild: a rush of sudden nervousness for no valid reason. Severe:
Sweaty palms, irregular breathing, tears, and tremors. These were brought on by multiple stress factors happening at the same time or a tragedy. Mine seem to have been cured by age. The older I get the more I learn not to sweat the small stuff.

Thank you for this and I am glad that you don't suffer too much from them anymore.  The person I am trying to help has issues that seem to arise from anxiety.  She is not to the point of sweaty palms and such but there are tears and loss of appetite.  I am keeping an eye on her though.

Kandie7113
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:46 AM
I have those attacks off & on comes from stress, the loss of my daughter and relationship with my sons father. I cry a lot sleep a lot & lose my appetite also. Times I literally get sick & lose weight & confine myself in my room all weekend. Its hard
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caramelmom
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:30 PM
Same here. I experienced horrible panic attacks in my 20's but they've almost stopped now in my 30's.

Quoting a_leigh_d:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iluvdwc
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:35 PM
Mine happen the same way. They started around age 18 and occur now during stressful times.

Quoting a_leigh_d:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a_leigh_d
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:34 PM
Could it be depression rather than panic attacks? Either way, there are plenty of treatment options. Have you talked to her about your concerns?

Quoting ksbondgirl:

Quoting a_leigh_d:

Thank you for this and I am glad that you don't suffer too much from them anymore.  The person I am trying to help has issues that seem to arise from anxiety.  She is not to the point of sweaty palms and such but there are tears and loss of appetite.  I am keeping an eye on her though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ksbondgirl
by Bond's Girl on Sep. 16, 2011 at 12:56 PM

Not yet but I will this weekend.

Quoting a_leigh_d:

Could it be depression rather than panic attacks? Either way, there are plenty of treatment options. Have you talked to her about your concerns?

Quoting ksbondgirl:

Quoting a_leigh_d:

a_leigh_d
by on Sep. 17, 2011 at 6:25 PM

k... report back

Quoting ksbondgirl:

Not yet but I will this weekend.

supermom664
by on Sep. 17, 2011 at 8:16 PM
I think I suffer from anixety attacks. My youngest son and I were in a pretty bad car accident last May during a rain storm. I didn't really want to drive after it happen but due to being a Mom I had no other choice but to get behind the wheel again. Even now if there is rain in the forecast I get nervous, while driving in rain now I feel my heart racing, I'm irritated and I feel everyone on the road with me are driving like a bat out Hell, I'm praying that I make it to my destination without crashing, I get hot and sweaty regardless of the temp. in my car. So I'm not really sure if it's panic or aniexty I'm dealing with. I'm glad you posted this because I have been afraid to voice my concerns with my doctor about this because I thought I would be labeled as mentally challenged and put on medications as a high risk person or something
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ksbondgirl
by Bond's Girl on Sep. 18, 2011 at 7:21 PM

I got rear-ended twice in 8 months sitting at a stop light and EVERY time I am at a stop light I check my rearview mirror!

Quoting supermom664:

I think I suffer from anixety attacks. My youngest son and I were in a pretty bad car accident last May during a rain storm. I didn't really want to drive after it happen but due to being a Mom I had no other choice but to get behind the wheel again. Even now if there is rain in the forecast I get nervous, while driving in rain now I feel my heart racing, I'm irritated and I feel everyone on the road with me are driving like a bat out Hell, I'm praying that I make it to my destination without crashing, I get hot and sweaty regardless of the temp. in my car. So I'm not really sure if it's panic or aniexty I'm dealing with. I'm glad you posted this because I have been afraid to voice my concerns with my doctor about this because I thought I would be labeled as mentally challenged and put on medications as a high risk person or something

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)