Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homework nightmare!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:12 PM
  • 2 Replies

My kids know it's homeowrk time as soon as they walk in the door. Something that could take about 20 mins. turns into an all evening event. The whining, crying, and not trying is really getting on my last nerve. My DD tries to rush through her homework and put it away. I check it and it's wrong. She talking about "I got confused!" So I tell her "why didn't she ask for help?" My DS cries about 5 words is too much for him to write. It all ended with me sending them to their room.  

What is your childs homework routine? What are some options that I can to do make this easier?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
supermom664
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:34 PM
The routine for my 6yo is snack & relaxation first, then homework. On Mondays his teacher sends come a homework packet that's due on Fridays so we do a little each night. He either play in the backyard or computer (Jumpstart or Starfall education games) until dinner. After dinner is bathtime, storytime, bedtime. This is normally how it goes down on none soccer practice nights
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inspiring4
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Honestly, I let my oldest son have a nap, snack and a movie before he starts his homework. It has become routine and is easier because he is more relaxed and able to focus on his homework. Let your children take a break from the day, relax a little, maybe play outside BUT when it is HOMEWORK time make that set and FIRM! I am home with my children after dropping hubby to work so I have from about 3 in the afternoon until bedtime at 8:30pm to get them settled and relaxed and into a routine. Maybe switch up your routine to include something enjoyable before jumping into worktime. Best of Luck Momma!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)