Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My lost neice.....

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:15 PM
  • 10 Replies

My 16 year old niece has become a prostitute out in California. She left her Moms house 2 weeks ago and is basically a street walker and only returns home for fresh clothes and to bath. I am so worried for her and her Mom. My brother, her father is such a damn douche. He told me yesterday that he has givin up on his daughter because she is out of control. He hasn't cared to or tried to see his own daughter since she was 3 years old. Now she is a wild child, her mother works 2 jobs just to support herself and daughter (from my understanding) and *Jenny* is out of control. I feel for her mom but she can no longer handle this child/woman. I cannot afford to help my niece, hubby and I are financially squeezed. My parents are protecting my brother from the authorites wrath and won't see him in jail because he has another son 5 years old whom lives with him and needs his father around, how laughable. I am so pissed off with my brother for not doing a better as a father and he told me in his own words that he "could care less" for his first born. SMDH!

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmomof2653
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:07 PM

It is such a shame that some black brothers can not take care of their business and care for their chilldren, I am so sorry this sitation is happening to you and i will keep your niece in my prayers, keep your head up and try not to stress about your no good brother.

SultryLadyBug
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Ugh thats terrible.

Mom2Han_Syd
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:15 PM
Praying for your niece. This is so sad. :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by A_Diva2Hot2Handle on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Thats so sad! I pray she finds her way home! And know the streets is no way to live!

praying

momandher8
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:58 AM

thats awful but god has her.. we have to put it in gods hands.. you know I always tell my kids, that I am just the vessel in how they got here, this journey they are on is really between them and god.. so put it in gods hands and let god do the work.. 

and forgive your brother for he knows not of what he is doing.. 

Alyson121
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 1:14 AM

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Thats so sad! I pray she finds her way home! And know the streets is no way to live!

praying

jinxmom
by Gold Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:21 AM

Wow how tragic [sigh]

Modejo10
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:35 AM

This is just heartbreaking!!! When your niece returns home for  fresh clothes...does her Mother just watch her freshen up then leave?  I don't understand....do they get into physical altercations and that's why her Mother feels helpless?  See, this is why the "village" is such a necessary concept in the black community.  Here is a sister that is working her ass off to provide for her child....meanwhile, the child has to be left unsupervised doing whatever.  It sounds like she has no support system whatsoever....my heart hurts for all involved.

Every girl needs her Father in her life...there are certain things that our men teach our daughters just by interacting with them.  They long to be loved, admired and protected by a male figure...and when that doesn't happen as it should....many of my little sisters are left trying to find their way in a world that only wants to use and abuse them...smh....I am lifting this family up in my prayers...

thank you inspiring4 for sharing this with us....group hug

inspiring4
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:20 PM

My niece calls me today just to say "Hi". I love her so much, took care of her as a baby and I can't help but to want to punch my brother in the mouth for being such a bastard. Please excuse my language ladies. My niece is living on and off with her mother, her Mom is doing the best job that she can but there is no "village". My parents are enabling my brother, enabling all three of us to be spoiled but I would not allow myself to be "just here". I fight almost weekly with my parents to own up to just standing by watching the nonsense. I am so feed up with being around all of this, money changes nothing it is the relationship we are supposed to have with our loved ones that matter. TOO much to go into on this post but I just feel like I NEED to do something. SOO FEED UP!

wademom07
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 1:47 PM

Wow, I will keep your neice in my prayers and I hope things get better for your family soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)