Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

internet dating....

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:45 PM
  • 19 Replies
ever done it? What are your thoughts?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bxbsmommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:58 PM
I've kind of done it. I met my husband on Facebook. We chatted back and forth for a couple of weeks and then got back in touch with each other a couple of months later. We spoke online for about a week and met about a week later. We've been together ever since.

Anyway with all of this rambling I've done it and I don't see anything wrong with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wademom07
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:03 PM

I have never done it, I know people who have. Just be careful.....

supermom664
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:11 PM
No, I would be afraid he was a serial killer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caramelmom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:15 PM
My best friend met and married her now husband from Facebook. She's a former model with a Masters degree and he's a Doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hendersoneve
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:07 PM

I met my man on AOL back in the 90's LOL

Hottmomma607
by A_Diva2Hot2Handle on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:16 AM

No.

But I know a few folks who has done it. Some has worked out and some haven't.

inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:42 AM

I've never done Internet dating but i did join a dating club..You pay a fee and the company selects dates for you, you view their video and if you like them they arrange a date..It was fun. I met a lot of wonderful men(mostly doctors and lawyers)...

latoya513
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:25 AM

I have and honestly, have not had a good time doing it. I met my stbx on a dating site, got married, now getting divorced. I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that we dealt with each other from long distances. We seen plenty of each other but it wasnt the same once in the same place living together. I'd prefer to date someone in my town or close proximity from now on. Long distance relationships are too emotionally taxing for me. But who says your soulmate has to live in the same town as you???? I'm just saying, I'd rather meet someone up front, that way I know what I'm working with. It could be a pleasant experience for you though.

mamahasdivas
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Quoting supermom664:

No, I would be afraid he was a serial killer

zmama22
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:07 PM

no. people are pressuring me to do it and i just can't. i've been such a horrible judge in male character in person, i think it would be worse online when you can be whoever you decide to be for the day. the only ones i would consider are eharmony, where people have to shell out money to be involved bc that says to me you are serious. i'm also skittish bc i had a friend that wasw addicted to it and had all types of bad experiences.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)