Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

QOTN: Is it Worth ending a Marriage?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2011 at 9:15 PM
  • 20 Replies

So, my girlfriend shows up at my door today.. 38 HOT!  Her husband had lied to her about his whereabouts.. ( a lil background.. It's Homecoming here and I live in a college town.. about 20,000 people.. old friends etc etc.. )

Anyway, he said he was going to his father's house but he was tailgating with his single friends. She received several texts and calls asking where she was ... and why she wasn't there with him.. She was upset because he lied.. Not because he was THERE but because he LIED..  Apparently he has a tendency to stretch the truth ALOT... They have been together 14 years or so.. and he didn't start doing it until a few years ago.. and it's nothing ever major ( well not to me) but to her the fact that he is lying about nothing makes her question everything that he does..She cried to me that she is tired of it and wants to leave him.. and I just listened.. 

Is lying ( no matter how big or small) worth ending a marriage over if you have talked about it over and over?

by on Oct. 8, 2011 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaceNBklyn
by on Oct. 8, 2011 at 9:18 PM

It depends on how she feels. What maybe small to you can be VERY BIG to her. 

Miss-B
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2011 at 9:23 PM
I agree.

Quoting LaceNBklyn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tpayne87
by on Oct. 8, 2011 at 9:24 PM
This is true.. what's small to u mayb big to her... so we cannot judge.. marriage is serious buisness.. whether he lied..cheated.. or came in at a different time than he was suppose to affects alot of things...

Quoting LaceNBklyn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prettygirl326
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2011 at 9:25 PM

yeah you know what, that says that he is wanting out in some way. he is lying about his whereabouts because 1) he knows what he doing is wrong and 2) he knows she will be upset about it, so he figures if he lies, he will be able to do it. and 3) he is hanging with single friends and they probably talking that yang and his ear...apart of him wants to have that single life again. my hubby  is liar as well...not sure if he (to my knowledge) lies about his whereabouts, but he does lie and it has almost wrecked our marriage. in a way it did cause i question everything he says now...and it has been months. so, really it depends on the underlying reason as to why he is lying. if she is hard to communicate with, he might be inclined to lie. if she isn't, he needs to tell her what is going on with him. either way, i probably would think twice about ending it.

supermom664
by on Oct. 8, 2011 at 9:25 PM
It could be many things to the reason he lied. Maybe he just needs a break away from her and IMO I think that's perfectly normal from time to time. Maybe she's a party pooper and doesn't mix well with the crowd he is with. Or maybe it's nothing. Who knows, only she knows enough background & history to make that decision
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bxbsmommy
by on Oct. 8, 2011 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Do you live in orangeburg? Lol! I know they had their homecoming and oburg is about 20,000 people.

Anyway, I think lying about small things with 14 years of marriage is not something I would take lightly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsGrubbs
by on Oct. 8, 2011 at 9:30 PM

It doesn't bother me either way.. and I'm not judging her.. or him.. I'm just a listener.. I don't give advise on anyone's marriage or relationship because at the end of the day.. I don't have to sleep with them.. and I will have PEACE in my house no matter what.. I listen and I'm done.. Plus she is a RAH RAH..

MrsGrubbs
by on Oct. 8, 2011 at 9:32 PM

Quoting bxbsmommy:

Do you live in orangeburg? Lol! I know they had their homecoming and oburg is about 20,000 people.

Anyway, I think lying about small things with 14 years of marriage is not something I would take lightly.

Nope I'm in HUNTSVILLE... ALABAMA A&M...

tanishagreene
by on Oct. 8, 2011 at 10:22 PM

i understand where u are coming from and her as well it is small if u are not a dweller but to someone like me who dwells a whol lot about everything from every different angle the thought would deffinitely come in my mind that if he is willing to lie about something so extremely petty than theres a huge possibility that he would be willing to lie about something big. i wouldnt immediately jump to divorce after 14 years i would deffinitely tlk bout it nd try to work it out thee best i can.

shaerenee23
by on Oct. 8, 2011 at 10:50 PM
To me yes because your lying for something that's why it's called woman's intuition some never get caught but hey that could be good I wouldn't leave my marriage I take that back.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN