Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Protecting your Marriage

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:50 AM
  • 24 Replies

In light of the Herman Cain scandal, would you now say that you are glad you are keeping a tight leash on your man (so that no matter who comes up with what--at least YOU will know the truth cause there is no possible way he could have cheated...) or will trust never be an issue?  Afterall, it's not HIM you don't trust...it's THEM, right?

For me and my husband the questions of "who (I'm with), (doing)what, where, when and why" is volunteered information out of Respect and Devotion to each other and so comes naturally.  But it's not a trust issue I have with him.  His job, however, IS definitely full of loose women who have even approached him to say they will take him with "no strings".  I am not worried, but he's human, right? 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rain2Rinse
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:30 AM
2 moms liked this
I *want* to tell him everything. There is nothing he doesn't know, from the mundane to the important. He extends me that same courtesy. We have no trust issues. We just enjoy having completely open lines of communication in our relationship. And you can't communicate what you don't know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink_Sunshine
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:41 AM
6 moms liked this

I've never had the slightest concern of my Husband cheating. I don't have to question him like he's a Child. We trust each other. If he did he could hide it just but so long before I found out. The truth always comes out eventually. He's never given me reason to doubt him in 8 yrs. I'm certainly not going to start being paranoid right now.

janette25
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:16 AM
2 moms liked this
^^ same here.

We usually check in but its to see who is closer to the kids school to pick them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charli627
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Same as every one above.
As for other women, dh has been approached by one woman and quickly turned her down. So they can try but wont get anywhere
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tawana12
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:50 AM
2 moms liked this

I believe that only animals should be kept on any type of leash. I trust my husband and can sleep peacefully at night knowing that. All you can do is put your trust in someone. You have no control over whether they violate it or not.

I have no desire to police my husband or his activities. If he wants to step out, he'll find a way to do it no matter how many tabs I keep on him.

meka26
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:57 AM
4 moms liked this

No matter how tight the leash is, people are going to do what they want to do. I trust SO, but i'm not a fool either. I will NEVER say what he will or will not do b/c anyone is capable of anything. We have had women trying to ruin our relationship, but it's his love and respect for me and our family that has kept us together and stronger than ever.

supermom664
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:11 AM
2 moms liked this
I agree, I'm not in the business of keeping/putting leashes, tabs, or a low jack on my husband...I wouldn't do that to him and I certainly wouldn't allow him to put one on me. And even with a tight short leash if he/she want to stray they will loosen that collar and do so

Quoting tawana12:

I believe that only animals should be kept on any type of leash. I trust my husband and can sleep peacefully at night knowing that. All you can do is put your trust in someone. You have no control over whether they violate it or not.

I have no desire to police my husband or his activities. If he wants to step out, he'll find a way to do it no matter how many tabs I keep on him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a_leigh_d
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes to both!

Quoting supermom664:

I agree, I'm not in the business of keeping/putting leashes, tabs, or a low jack on my husband...I wouldn't do that to him and I certainly wouldn't allow him to put one on me. And even with a tight short leash if he/she want to stray they will loosen that collar and do so

Quoting tawana12:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sydnbrycemom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:15 AM

Great reply! I concur!

Quoting tawana12:

ikesmommy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:18 AM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't have married a man that I thought felt the need to have his own separate life. I married someone who felt the need to tell me everything, even stuff I don't think is important and stuff I really didn't care to hear. But if he can't confide in me, in whom can he?

I feel really bad for Mrs. Cain and other women thrown in the public eye like that. The foundation of their marriage is really being tested right now. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)