• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dope Boys

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:25 AM
  • 50 Replies

Poll

Question: I'd prefer a _____

Options:

"Dopeboy"

Working Man

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 44

View Results

So I had a FB friend ask a question to the ladies: IT was which do you prefer, a dopeboy or working man? I am kinda surprised that there were many women who said a dope boy because of the FAST money.. GTFOH.. They gots to be crazy.. I have "talked" to dopeboys in the past (when I was 18-19) where they would just leave $$ for me, buy new shoes.. That was not for me..Especially when one of them asked could I stash  "it" in my mama house.. Negro, please!  Thank God for growth and maturity because I LOVE a hard working man who provides by using his brain, brawn, intellect, and hands.. 

But seriously what do you prefer a working man or dopeboy? I'll add a poll to see if I can get some more honest answers..

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ksbondgirl
by Bond's Girl on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:32 AM
2 moms liked this

How could you be with a guy who has to live looking over his shoulder every day?

Whenever he takes you to dinner, he ALWAYS has to sit facing the door and windows of the restaurant.

What if you get caught with him in a driveby?

He buys you expensive things just to keep you on his good side.

What if he has to all of a sudden disappear for awhile?

If he's the father of your child, any day could be his last.  I mean any of us could go at any time but there's more pressure for someone like him.

Who could live like this?

meka26
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:34 AM

I have been on both ends and the dope boy relationship is not worth it. I walked away from dd's dad b/c of that lifestyle. The money was good, yes, but why risk your life and your child(ren) life for a dollar. Please believe the money can go as fast as it comes. One reason I love my SO is b/c he doesn't have a problem working 9-5. I don't have to watch my back and dd's back everytime I walk out of the door. We are financially ok with him working a 9-5. I am a SAHM, and we have everything we need/want. Her dad is still doing the same thing and we no longer have contact with each other (thankfully). As far as dd knows SO is her dad, and he is a great role model to her.

CBMama06
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Thats exactly what I am talking about.. Some of the ladies that responded said that they wouldn't mind it as long as he is bringing in some income.. My cousin ( God bless her) was one that said she would not mind.. I guess not.. She is a DAMN MESS! (thats another time)...

I dont know who could and would want to live like this.. But the scary thing is , is that there are MANY women who do it to remain "hood rich".. Makes no sense at all.. My half-sister has a man that slangs who lives with her and her 3 kids (none of which are his).. She doesnt mind it because he "provides" for her and her kids.. They all be rocking Hollister, Abercrombie, Jordans, and other name brands.. Just a damn shame.. Too lazy to go and get a skill or trade...I dunno people priorities are F'ed Up!

Quoting ksbondgirl:

How could you be with a guy who has to live looking over his shoulder every day?

Whenever he takes you to dinner, he ALWAYS has to sit facing the door and windows of the restaurant.

If he's the father of your child, any day could be his last.  I mean any of us could go at any time but there's more pressure for someone like him.

supermom664
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:38 AM
2 moms liked this
That's a No Brainer...We both are working class folks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CBMama06
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:40 AM

Yeah for you and I but there are plenty of folks who don't think it is .. For the LOVE of money they choose the dope boy lifestyle..

Quoting supermom664:

That's a No Brainer...We both are working class folks

emilyrosenj
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:40 AM
2 moms liked this

I'll take my working man, thanks!

supermom664
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:44 AM
Why put your life & freedom on the line for some simple labels, you can buy these things with a simple 9-5 but then some women are simple like that

Quoting CBMama06:

Thats exactly what I am talking about.. Some of the ladies that responded said that they wouldn't mind it as long as he is bringing in some income.. My cousin ( God bless her) was one that said she would not mind.. I guess not.. She is a DAMN MESS! (thats another time)...

I dont know who could and would want to live like this.. But the scary thing is , is that there are MANY women who do it to remain "hood rich".. Makes no sense at all.. My half-sister has a man that slangs who lives with her and her 3 kids (none of which are his).. She doesnt mind it because he "provides" for her and her kids.. They all be rocking Hollister, Abercrombie, Jordans, and other name brands.. Just a damn shame.. Too lazy to go and get a skill or trade...I dunno people priorities are F'ed Up!

Quoting ksbondgirl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CBMama06
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:46 AM

EXACTLY!! SIMPLE IS the key word!!!! 

Quoting supermom664:

Why put your life & freedom on the line for some simple labels, you can buy these things with a simple 9-5 but then some women are simple like that

Quoting CBMama06:

Quoting ksbondgirl:

ikesmommy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Ha! I haven't spent the last seven years in school to throw it away on some man who showed with his own actions that my hard work was BS. If I have to go 2 hour nights of sleep to work hard during the day along with school and a family, than I need a man that believes the same thing.

Easy come, easy go. They can get locked up and lose it all. No one can take what  we have worked for away from us. If that means I can't wear $200 heels this year with a sexy Coach bag, so be it.

SultryLadyBug
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:28 AM
2 moms liked this

A working man. Even if it wasnt a high paying job I'd prefer that over some one that was slinging dope!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)