• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you find that AA tend to show a dis-interest in the current GOP Race

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:11 PM
  • 2 Replies

I had a discussion with one of my girlfriends about the state of the econmy and the current GOP candidates. We discussed how it appears that the hoopla of the 2008 Presidential Race has lost it's luster, and that some AA are taking a dis-interest in our current GOP Race. I have heard from AA speak the following sentiments said: "the 2012 election really isn't going to matter, because our current President will not serve another term, so why should I vote, it won't matter anyway".

So, it got me to thinking, we really need to be paying attention to the current GOP candidates and what they have to say, because if we do not get out to the polls next year, we can be assured the next President will come from one of those GOP nominees. With the state of economy the way it is, can we afford to have any one of these candidates become our next President?

What are your thoughts?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ksbondgirl
by Bond's Girl on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:39 PM

AAs may be feeling hopeless as to the fact that to them it doesn't matter.  Things will still be messed up for a long time.  This really IS the time to pay attention, though.

SoFlyLyLy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

guilty as charged-- I don't follow politics. I have no faith and no trust in the goverment or those that run it. But I do vote (most of the time).

"If you are neutral in situations of social injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor." ~Desmond Tutu

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)