Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Needing my hair crack!

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 4:50 AM
  • 14 Replies
If someone would of told me ahead of time that being black and pregnant meant in having your hair lock up and do somersaults, I would of invested in a wide variety of wigs. My mother told me how she looked as though she developed dreads while pregnant with me. Lol. Thank GOd I have a week left til my due date now I can get my hair crack on (relaxer. Not actual crack lol).

~pink panda skulls~

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 4:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink_Sunshine
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

My hair never changed during any of my 3 pregnancies. I guess every lady and pregnancy truly is different. I think my Hair was better, fuller and stronger during my pregnancies actually.

psalms91
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:17 AM
I have gotten my relaxers throughout both of my pregnancies and it never hurt my hair at all. I know some people don't use relaxers while pregnant but I couldn't imagine having no relaxer this whole pregnancy- it wasn't gonna happen. I am having my baby 11/30 so now I can go get a few gray hairs covered that keep peeking thru. Lol! I didn't want to do a demi or semi while pregnant but a relaxer was a must - although I spaced them out as far as possible..like 6-8wks apart. Congratulations on your baby. Looks like we are due around the same time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iluvdwc
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:34 AM
I relaxed my hair during my pregnancies but I did go awhile without one so I know what you mean.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prettygirl326
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

oh wow....it is different for some women because my hair was nice and thick...of course i needed to get relaxers, but i normally have thinner hair. i was mad when it all started falling out around 6 months post partum. 

pinkpandaskulls
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:19 PM
Yeah I haven't had one in 9 months. I'm so suprised that you weren't effected by using them while pregnant. My hair is hard to manage now its gotten thicker and curlier. But I'm due in a week
NCmommie1012
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:21 PM
I relaxed my hair through both pregnancies and everything was fine. I colored once but I don't do that often anyway. My hair was unmanageable without a relaxer while pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charli627
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:19 PM
I relaxed during my pregnancies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ebbierowe
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:20 PM
me too and there were no ill effects..
Quoting Charli627:

I relaxed during my pregnancies

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Toots_Sam
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:31 PM
I haven't had a relaxer since August. I found out I was pregnant in September and decided to just leave them alone until after I have my baby because I've heard so many people say its not a good thing to do. WELL my edges are about to be the death of me at this point!!! They put up major resistance on a daily basis! I work the rest of it out its just them edges and that KITCHEN!!!

I'm thinking I'm gonna ride the rest of this rollercoaster with braids so its not too bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anayiah3
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:40 PM
lol I never had to I get relaxers once a year and my hair grew very quick thick and long
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)