Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think when you see............?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:44 PM
  • 18 Replies

Poll

Question: What do you think when you see this flag?

Options:

Racism....explain why?

Pride....explain why?

either one...explain why?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 12

View Results

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kandie7113
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:09 PM
nothing I don't think about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misssy2000
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:11 PM

I don't know I never see it. I think it suppose to have something to do with something about race but never cared enough to look it up.

ebbierowe
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:11 PM

the very first thing is the dukes of hazzard....I watched alot of tv as a kid...aside from that I think of the south. We saw it quite a bit when we were stationed in Mississippi.

Toots_Sam
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:22 PM
Lol same thing I thought! Dukes of Hazzard

Other than that I don't think about it because I don't see it.

Quoting ebbierowe:

the very first thing is the dukes of hazzard....I watched alot of tv as a kid...aside from that I think of the south. We saw it quite a bit when we were stationed in Mississippi.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Litlmama87
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:41 PM
Not a DAYUM thing.

Cause I don't go looking for it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a_leigh_d
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't care what people may say, I can't see pass the original representation of this flag

Delila12
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:07 PM
I think racism because of the resturaunts here that hang them. They are racist and put it up to let us know. That's why their parking lot is empty, yet I think it's surprising that they are still in buisness. Also, this flag still flies at the state house, and people seem to maintain that mentality here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
V.Dubbya
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:28 PM
It really depends on who I see displaying it and the context. 9 times out of 10 I think racism but I'm rather aware there are those who use it without malice intended. It's like the swastika, usually I assume the worse but there are instances when I'd be wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bunsmommy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:51 PM
When I'm driving on the highways and streets of GA and see it either on ppls license plates or hanging in the rear window of ppls big ass trucks I think about the original meaning of it and nothing else. When I used to go to visit my mother when she worked at the state capital and they proudly had it swaying in the wind I thought of what it symbolizes and how not to long ago the KKK marched through the streets of Atlanta demanding then Governor elect Sunny Purdue keep the promise he made to reinstate it as our state flag!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jasmom8883
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:58 PM

I selected racism in the poll because of what I know the confederate flag represents. In addition to that everytime I see it, I am in the southern states where racism is prevalent. I suppose it could also represent pride though. Seeing as how individuals that proclaim this flag seem pretty proud of their attitude. I never hear someone exclaim "white power" and then turn around and say "I'm so ashamed".  IJS

Do you reside in the D.C./ MD/ VA area? Join us at Dames of the DMV ~ http://www.cafemom.com/group/damesofdmv

we rock

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)