Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ungreatful bitch!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:11 PM
  • 53 Replies
According to my mother, that's what I am...so I have a question

With your first child, did you accept anything second hand?

When I found out I was pregnant my mom was super excited (we were ok then) and said she wanted to buy the baby crib. I told her she didn't have to because she knows how I can get, but she said stfu that was her gift to us. I said ok cool.

Time went on and once again we not talking and that's fine with me. Today my brothers girlfriend called wanting to know if we will be home tomorrow because her uncle is coming to drop off the crib. Once I heard the message I called her like huh, and she tells me my mom went out today and brought my nephews (3 and 1) bunk beds, and my niece (5) a princess bed and its being delivered Monday so she needs the crib out of there. Since I'm not understanding wtf that has to do with me and mine I called my mom for an explanation. So she tells me she thought about it and Liam's crib is fine, so I can have it.

I told her I don't want it, she asked why and I told her...this is my first, I don't want anything somebody else already had, so keep it, we will buy our own damn crib.

So she went off talking about I'm being ungreatful, the crib is only a year old, my baby probably won't even sleep in it, I need to learn how to be appreciative of the help my family is trying to give me (I aint ask for no help she VOLUNTEERED)

I just hung up on her cause its not that serious. I told her from jump she DID NOT have to buy it. This is my first, and being as though it was so hard getting pregnant this time could very well be my last...why do I have to be an ungreatful bitch because I want everything to be special AND NEW.

If it was my second or third I'd be cool with it, but not for my first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iluvdwc
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:17 PM
2 moms liked this
Ungrateful bitch may be exaggerating it but I see both sides.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:22 PM

Yes, I accepted gently used second hand items for my first born.  My mom bought me my crib and change table (both brand new), but I would have accepted the crib and change table had it been second hand.  From reading your post, I have to kind of agree with your mom that you're being ungrateful (minus the "b" word).  You don't have to accept the second hand crib, but you could have worded your response to her a little more classy.  Maybe something along the lines of, I know you mentioned that you were going to buy the crib, but hubby's side of the family or hubby surprised me and already purchased one.

supermom664
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:27 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with a used bed as long as it was in good shape and meet all the safety guidelines...but I would buy a new mattress
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Delila12
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:28 PM
Your child, your choice. If you don't want the crib then you dont have to take it. I could understand why you dont want it, and I see your reason for being upset at how your mom assumed that you would just take it. I wouldn't have cussed at her though. That's still your mother and you wouldn't want your child cussing at you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermom664
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this
When is your baby due? I assumed you already had kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Toots_Sam
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:31 PM
May 6. This is our first.

Quoting supermom664:

When is your baby due? I assumed you already had kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tamikadorch26
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Its ok to want to buy new stuff for your baby. Yeah she should have asked you first before doing that. I'm sure she didn't mean you any harm but she shouldn't have called you a ungrateful bitch. That was way out of line. She is your mother and you may not like the things she do or say but please respect her. Its hard for me sometimes with mine but she is who she is. The lady that gave me life. I have a 6 month old daughter. My only girl and three boys. Everything she has is new. That's my only girl I will ever have. One of her father's side aunt wants my daughter's clothes when they get to small for her and that's fine because a lot of people don't have or in need of things. I gave a swing, walker, tons of clothes, and other things that was barely used away to people who could use them. Your mom should have been more understanding too.

Anayiah3
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:33 PM
With dd I will be honest nope I didn't accept anything used because I already had her room planned to a T I mean I don't see anything wrong with you not wanting a used bed after all you've been through its your choice. I would have probably handled it the same why say ur gonna buy the bed then turn around buy someone else a bed and offer me second hand? But hey like you said you can buy your own bed not a big deal she can find someone who needs it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Toots_Sam
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:39 PM
Exactly! That's my biggest issue with the whole thing. I could see if she said I don't have the money to do it or something BUT you tell me you gonna buy something for my baby then decide not to BUT purchase 3 beds for them. How the hell is that right?

Every one of them got brand new cribs on her dime so what makes my child so different that he or she gets left overs? Its not that serious because me and my other half both work so purchasing a crib is not some hard task, its just the principal of it.

But its cool tho

Quoting Anayiah3:

With dd I will be honest nope I didn't accept anything used because I already had her room planned to a T I mean I don't see anything wrong with you not wanting a used bed after all you've been through its your choice. I would have probably handled it the same why say ur gonna buy the bed then turn around buy someone else a bed and offer me second hand? But hey like you said you can buy your own bed not a big deal she can find someone who needs it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kandie7113
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:43 PM
Yes because I was 18 when I had my 1st child so her crib was past down & her cradle but other than that every thing else was new. But if u don't want anything 2nd hand just accept it & put it up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)