Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

ABSOLUTELY ASTONISHING (every black woman must read)!!!!!!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I so happened to be googling somethings on the internet the other day and happened to come across an article of another "ethnicity" that basically in so many words stated that they did not believe that black women shower everyday because we dont wash our hair everyday as other ethnicities are required to. As I continued reading in went into comments from other readers some of other ethinicities that seemed to be unaware that we dont wash our hair everyday that also commented that we are nasty and how can anyone possibly get in the shower and not wash their hair along with the rest of their body when it is a part of the body . Another commenter even went so far as to say that it is hard to walk behind a black person in the hotter months because of the strong smell of our hair from all of the chemicals that we use and dont wash out of it everyday. COMPLETELY ASTONISHING! I had no idea that other ethnic groups that we live with every single day are still ignorant to our culture. Have anyone ever experienced such ignorant assumptions from another race before? I have also heard that black christians dont go to the movies

by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 1:14 PM
Replies (11-20):
Princess223
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 3:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting JazzieJazz512:

Lol!! Wow the things that come out of people's mouths!! Maybe thats why we dont get lice!!I swear im not racist but some white people stink after rain! I cant bare tbat smell!

gangsta-princess.gif - Funny Pictures for MySpace code

Ronique1989
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2011 at 3:39 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Litlmama87:

I really just don't give a damn what they think about me lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jasmom8883
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 3:41 PM
3 moms liked this

Right, so is that why lice is predominant in Caucasians. Ignorance, I tell ya!

Do you reside in the D.C./ MD/ VA area? Join us at Dames of the DMV ~ http://www.cafemom.com/group/damesofdmv

we rock

Ronique1989
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2011 at 3:42 PM
Yea it's a nauseating wet dog smell. I hated going to work on rainy days b/c of that smell.

Quoting JazzieJazz512:

Lol!! Wow the things that come out of people's mouths!! Maybe thats why we dont get lice!!I swear im not racist but some white people stink after rain! I cant bare tbat smell!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ebbierowe
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I think there is a lack of knowledge about all ethinic groups....I think the hair thing is a big one because who really has hair like us? All the other ethnic groups are a lot more similar. Alot of people don't realize you can be black and get sunburned...we lived in Albuquerque and my ass sure enough got burned at a damn softball game for DD and I had on sun block (that city is to damn close to the sun)

Anyway that being said I will be the first to admit that I really don't know anything about Muslims, Asians, or a number of other ethnicities.

And yeah you would think that since the interact with us everyday they would know a little bit more about us but the fact is alot don't care, alot don't worry because it doesn't effect them and society is set up so that the majority is the norm and not much else really discussed. 

tanishagreene
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Princess223:

Whomeva' the dumbass is they NEED to learn what a shower cap is for.

PREACH MAM LMB O!!!!ยก!!!!!!!
ebbierowe
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 3:48 PM
2 moms liked this

I am going to go with those white people might have hygeine issue because DH is white and he doesm't stink after the rain and as far as I can remember none of brothers or sisters do either ....don't get me wrong I have know some people that smelled bad afte the rain (of all colors) but I still think that has more to do with lifestyle (maybe what they use in their hair) then skin color....

Quoting JazzieJazz512:

JazzieJazz512
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Quoting ebbierowe:

I am going to go with those white people might have hygeine issue because DH is white and he doesm't stink after the rain and as far as I can remember none of brothers or sisters do either ....don't get me wrong I have know some people that smelled bad afte the rain (of all colors) but I still think that has more to do with lifestyle (maybe what they use in their hair) then skin color....

Quoting JazzieJazz512:

Yea thats true, thats why I said some!! lol! But my mom says maybe because they eat organic or most have dogs!

ebbierowe
by on Dec. 13, 2011 at 3:55 PM

Quoting JazzieJazz512:

Quoting ebbierowe:

Quoting JazzieJazz512:

Yea thats true, thats why I said some!! lol! But my mom says maybe because they eat organic or most have dogs!

lol...well DH certainly doesn't eat organic.....and while we do have a dog he has nothing to do with him....I will say I do know quite a few white people that do stay all hugged up on their dog so that probably does contribute to it....

latoya513
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2011 at 5:04 PM
4 moms liked this
I've pretty much been around most ethnic groups & call me what you want, but I think everybody carries a distinct "smell" to them, especially when sweating. I noticed that blacks smell different than whites when we get hot. ..IMO. Ppl just turn their ignorance into something to spread around. I'm never surprised.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN