• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BBQ - Do you think this is crazy or not crazy?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:03 PM
  • 11 Replies

I've been contemplating on getting a charcoal BBQ (my kids don't like things BBQ'd with a propane tank BBQ) and doing some BBQ'ing.  Even in the winter when there is tons of snow on the ground, with exception to blizzard type weather.  For those that live in states / provinces where you get all 4 seasons, do you BBQ out in the winter out in the snow or is this just some crazy thing us Canadians do because we only get 3 months of summer weather?

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
a_leigh_d
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Guilty!!!  I will fire up the grill anytime as long as we are not in the midst of a hurricane or blizzard.

SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:09 PM

That's good to hear.  When I told my friend from Chicago that, she thought it was weird.

Quoting a_leigh_d:

Guilty!!!  I will fire up the grill anytime as long as we are not in the midst of a hurricane or blizzard.

Toots_Sam
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I absolute LOVE the grill and it gets much play THROUGHOUT the year.

My mom was just saying we should fire up the grill next month for my baby shower/bday celebration. As long as we don't get hit with a blizzard for my bday like we did in 2010 I'm ALL FOR IT!

Oh and long as she know I aint going out there not ONCE to check it lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krisdev67
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:41 PM

girl I pulled out my gas grill last weekend and threw some stuff on it.  I will tell you what comes in handy during the winter is a smoker.  I put my meats in a covered dish and fire up the smoker and let it cook the meat.  Man it comes out good tender!  I use my grill charcoal and gas in addition to the smoker all year round. 

karmasabitch178
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:42 PM
I love the grill. We only do it in the summer time though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BarbadianBeauty
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:58 PM
I BBQ all year around. If the grill lights up its BBQ time!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by A_Diva2Hot2Handle on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:45 PM

DH grew up in New Orleans I grew up here in Washington,so sometimes I'm like baby fire up the grill!! And he'll say(pardon my French)"Its too fuckin' cold"! LOL

happybingme
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:59 PM

BBQ is great anytime of the year.  I stay in New England. . .and you van't tailgate at a NFL game without  a grill.

So if you wanna do it, DO IT!!!  (And send me a plate!!!!!)

caramelmom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:15 PM
Same here! We Bbq in all weather rain or shine!

Quoting a_leigh_d:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CBMama06
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:17 PM
This!!

Quoting caramelmom:

Same here! We Bbq in all weather rain or shine!

Quoting a_leigh_d:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)