Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know a person

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:34 PM
  • 19 Replies
Who is estranged from their family? How long did it take before they decided to finally cut their family member off?

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/304209_10150825901365230_520415229_21054590_61191322_n.jpg

Some people recognize the light but they can't handle the glare.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kandie7113
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:38 PM
I'm estranged from certain members. A few of my cousins & my grandma. After years za years of being their for them & in return they dogged me so I cut them off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
godsgirl26
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:40 PM

I'm estranged from my family, not my mom and sister's but pretty much everyone else. Don't want to go into detail about it all, but Ive been cut out of their lives for 10 years now. but i have never cut anyone out of my life Ive always welcome them to join in and be apart of my life but it was their choice not to so oh well. I have my hubby and my kids, sisters, mom and I'm glad i have them.

Ronique1989
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:42 PM
I'm estranged from some.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BarbadianBeauty
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:45 PM
My husbands 2 older brothers . They all cut their crazy ass mama off. After they graduated they left home and dropped all contact with her. The oldest one had himself emancipated so he could get out that house. She crazy as idk what. My husband is the baby of the boys and attempts to help but he's about to drop her too. His 7 year old sister also hates their mom. She comes and stays with us sometimes just to get a break loll she is that awful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
milknmycoffee
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I'm estranged from most of my dad's family. My mom was estranged from her sister for nearly 20 years. They got in contact about a year before my Aunt ended up passing away. With my father's family I finally made the choice to cut them off when I was about 18. He wouldn' t let me prior to that. 

happybingme
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:00 PM
2 moms liked this

My mother. . .I have tried for years to develop a relationship with her to make up for her not being there when I was younger.  After so many lies being told to you and about you, I learned the hard way and just simply forgot about her the same way she forgot about me when I was younger. . .

Life goes on.  They same family is forever, but I rather adapt to those who are here to grow with me and support me!!!!

Ladysigma07
by Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:44 PM
My DH has a twin brother who has completely estranged himself from his entire family. Too long of a story to go into detail but he got married and said the hell with family..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:03 PM

My dad and his side of the family. 

My mom's aunt.  Well she estranged herself from the rest of the family when she married a white man and her being extremely fair skinned decided to pass for white.  She didn't even bother to attend any of her siblings funerals, not even her own father's.

Those are mainly the only ones I don't ever care to have any type of relationship with, and it's been over 21 years that I can recall.  If they eventually reached out and wanted to, for me it's 21 years too late. 

a_leigh_d
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:07 PM

This.  Different reasons but same results. 

Quoting happybingme:

My mother. . .I have tried for years to develop a relationship with her to make up for her not being there when I was younger.  After so many lies being told to you and about you, I learned the hard way and just simply forgot about her the same way she forgot about me when I was younger. . .

Life goes on.  They same family is forever, but I rather adapt to those who are here to grow with me and support me!!!!

Chillisarah
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Quoting happybingme:

same here..to a tee

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)