Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hay Ladies,

Please post any recipes you would like to share here, I am trying to get the Cafemom team to add a sticky to this post so that it is always available.

baking

by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Replies (151-156):
Alyson121
by Aly in the Kitchen on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Fermented Cabbage (my version of non-spicy kimchi)

oliviasmommie05
by New Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I just made a dish called Pastelone today that was very delicious. 

It's basically like a lasagna but with plantains replacing the noodles.

This picture is not mine, but this is how mine looked when it came out of the oven as a finished product :)

It's a spanish dish that my step dad told me about and asked me to make for him.

For a bigger family, you'll need about 6-8 yellow/ripe plantains, 2.5 lbs of ground beef or turkey. 1 packet sazon, 1tbs adobo, 2tbs plain white vinegar, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, 2 small bell peppers (the color of your choice) 1 medium onion, 1/2 a bulb of garlic, 1/8 cup milk, 4 eggs one large bag of shredded cheese (cheddar, monterey jack or whatever you want)

Mix everything except for the plantains, tomato sauce  milk, eggs and cheese. 

Brown in frying pan until done, turn heat down to simmering and add tomato sauce; simmer for ten minutes. 

While cooking meat, peel half and then slice plantains into 1/4 in. slices and sautee in frying pan with a small amount of oil until golden brown on both sides. 

Take a buttered baking dish and place a layer of plantains first, covering the whole bottom of pan. Then make a layer of the meat mixture and then a layer of shredded cheese. continue for two more layers ending with plantains on top. 

Take your eggs and milk in whisk together lightly and pour mixture over dish and then wait a few minutes so that it can soak into all of the layers. 

Then top woth more cheese and place inside an oven set to 350 - 375 (depending on your oven) and cook for 20 minutes, Check it though about half way through to make sure that the cheese isnt browning too much. Unless of course you like it like that. 

This goes well with some rice on the side or some other stach you would like :) Enjoy 

Alyson121
by Aly in the Kitchen on Feb. 13, 2014 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I just looked up this recipe and found tons.  I'm soooo going to make this.  Thanks!!!

Quoting oliviasmommie05:

I just made a dish called Pastelone today that was very delicious. 

It's basically like a lasagna but with plantains replacing the noodles.

This picture is not mine, but this is how mine looked when it came out of the oven as a finished product :)

It's a spanish dish that my step dad told me about and asked me to make for him.

For a bigger family, you'll need about 6-8 yellow/ripe plantains, 2.5 lbs of ground beef or turkey. 1 packet sazon, 1tbs adobo, 2tbs plain white vinegar, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, 2 small bell peppers (the color of your choice) 1 medium onion, 1/2 a bulb of garlic, 1/8 cup milk, 4 eggs one large bag of shredded cheese (cheddar, monterey jack or whatever you want)

Mix everything except for the plantains, tomato sauce  milk, eggs and cheese. 

Brown in frying pan until done, turn heat down to simmering and add tomato sauce; simmer for ten minutes. 

While cooking meat, peel half and then slice plantains into 1/4 in. slices and sautee in frying pan with a small amount of oil until golden brown on both sides. 

Take a buttered baking dish and place a layer of plantains first, covering the whole bottom of pan. Then make a layer of the meat mixture and then a layer of shredded cheese. continue for two more layers ending with plantains on top. 

Take your eggs and milk in whisk together lightly and pour mixture over dish and then wait a few minutes so that it can soak into all of the layers. 

Then top woth more cheese and place inside an oven set to 350 - 375 (depending on your oven) and cook for 20 minutes, Check it though about half way through to make sure that the cheese isnt browning too much. Unless of course you like it like that. 

This goes well with some rice on the side or some other stach you would like :) Enjoy 

KymberleeAnn
by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 3:44 PM

Supergirl Summer Smoothie Recipe

Summer Smoothie Yummy!

Ingredients Edit and Save

Original recipe makes 10 cupsChange Servings
 2 bananas, broken into chunks
 1 cup cubed papaya (optional)
 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
 1 cup cubed honeydew
 1 cup seedless grapes (optional)
 3 cubes ice cubes (optional)
 2 (6 ounce) containers fruit flavored yogurt
 1/2 cup orange juice, or as needed
Check All Add to Shopping List
Directions

Place bananas, papaya, pineapple, honeydew, grapes, ice cubes, and yogurt into the bowl of a blender. Pour in orange juice. Cover and puree until smooth, adding additional orange juice if needed to achieve desired consistency.
nola_twins
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:12 AM

Mobile Photo

I made this tonight, it came out great! I put it over some rice with carrots and peas in it. Thanks for the recipe!!!

Quoting Bethea7:

CARMELIZED CHICKEN WINGS

INGREDIENTS

1 1/2 CUPS OF WATER

2 CUPS OF SUGAR

2 TBSP PEANUT BUTTER

1/3 CUP OF SOY SAUCE

1 TBSP OF MINCED GARLIC

1 TBSP OF HONEY

12 SMALL PARTY WINGS OR 5 CHICKEN WINGS

*OPTIONAL  (HOW EVER MUCH RED PEPPER FLAKES YOU FANCY FOR SPICYNESS)

COMBINE ALL INGREDIENTS EXCEPT CHICKEN  IN DEEP PAN MIX UNTIL SUGAR DISSOLVES ON MEDIUM HEAT.

WHEN SUGAR DISSOLVES  ADD CHICKEN, COVER AND LET COOK ON MED-LOW HEAT FOR 30 -45 MINUTES  AND YOU'RE DONE!!!

KEEP CHECKING ON IT BC SUGAR BURNS EASILY AND TURN DOWN THE HAET IF YOU NEED TO BUT COOK A LIL LONGER

nola_twins
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:16 AM

Mobile Photo

I also made this tonight. I like it just is. I may try it with whipped cream on it tomorrow. Thanks for the recipe!!!

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Apple Cake recipe

Apples in cake? You bet - and it's a recipe that can be whipped together in a single bowl. Finish off the cake with your favorite whipped cream or frosting recipe, such as vanilla or lemon.

Apple Cake photo by Brandi
Apple Cake photo by Maroussia

Ingredients:

2 cups diced apples
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour 
1 cup sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8-inch round cake pan.

2) Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; whisk until lightly mixed. Pour into prepared cake pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 15 minutes; remove from cake pan and cool completely.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)