Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hay Ladies,

Please post any recipes you would like to share here, I am trying to get the Cafemom team to add a sticky to this post so that it is always available.

baking

by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Replies (101-109):
nickilove2984
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 7:26 PM
i had to send my husband to the store because we both want to try this

Quoting graciefreesoul:

Peach Dump Cake (for when i want some peach cobbler but don't wanna make it...actually i've never made peach cobbler before lol)

box of yellow cake mix (and all the stuff to make it per the directions)

big can of yellow cling peaches

small can of yellow cling peaches

1c of white sugar

a few pats of butter (i use vegan butter and it's still yummy)

cinnamon (bout 2 tsp)

mix the cake according to instructions (if you eat a vegan diet, subbing everything with vegan versions works fine...i use ener-g egg replacer) and set aside.

oh, preheat the oven and all that good junk too...i use any cake pan but what works best is a glass baking dish.

in a large bowl mix the cans of peaches (with juice), sugar, and cinnamon.

pour the peach-y stuff in the baking dish making sure the peaches are evenly spaced.

put 3 or 4 pats of butter on top (anywhere is fine and i actually forget about this part almost everytime i make this so no butter is fine)

next, carefully pour the cake batter on top of the peaches making an even layer. i usually use the spoon to very carefully spread the batter over the peach mix to make sure the whole thing is covered.

last, throw that sucker in the oven (gently), bake at 350 deg for 45 mins i think...i say 'i think' bc i don't remember the original instructions (this is something my aunt showed me how to do lol) and i always end up baking mine no less than an hr but thats normally b/c i'm using a jacked up oven...gas, elec...doesn't matter, i always have to cook my ish longer lol

when the cake is done, it wont jiggle, will spring back but make sure there's no gooey batter (poke the middle with a butter knife)...you will have (on the underneath part) cake that's wet from the peach juice but you'll know the difference. and you WILL have some peach juice still in the bottom...normally my cakes get pretty brown and start to crack when it's done...omg it's heavenly....i hope this made sense lol

nickilove2984
by Member on May. 15, 2014 at 7:29 PM
That looks amazing, wth is my plate? 😝

Quoting nola_twins:

Mobile Photo

I made this tonight, it came out great! I put it over some rice with carrots and peas in it. Thanks for the recipe!!!

Quoting Bethea7:

CARMELIZED CHICKEN WINGS

INGREDIENTS

1 1/2 CUPS OF WATER

2 CUPS OF SUGAR

2 TBSP PEANUT BUTTER

1/3 CUP OF SOY SAUCE

1 TBSP OF MINCED GARLIC

1 TBSP OF HONEY

12 SMALL PARTY WINGS OR 5 CHICKEN WINGS

*OPTIONAL  (HOW EVER MUCH RED PEPPER FLAKES YOU FANCY FOR SPICYNESS)

COMBINE ALL INGREDIENTS EXCEPT CHICKEN  IN DEEP PAN MIX UNTIL SUGAR DISSOLVES ON MEDIUM HEAT.

WHEN SUGAR DISSOLVES  ADD CHICKEN, COVER AND LET COOK ON MED-LOW HEAT FOR 30 -45 MINUTES  AND YOU'RE DONE!!!

KEEP CHECKING ON IT BC SUGAR BURNS EASILY AND TURN DOWN THE HAET IF YOU NEED TO BUT COOK A LIL LONGER

Alyson121
by Aly in the Kitchen on May. 15, 2014 at 7:50 PM

Spicy Sesame Noodles

Standard

Spicy Sesame Noodles

So i was cruising Pinterest, like i typically do, and found this interesting recipe for simple sesame noodles.  My hubby LOVES sesame noodles but wasn’t satisfied with the taste of the ones he’d typically buy from our local market.  Well, me being who i am figured i could just make some at home and so i did.  The results were FANTASTIC.  These were an instant hit with hubby and the children.

I made them spicy because we love spice in our family.  I also added more fresh veggies and made enough to be eaten cold the next day.  Here’s my version.  Enjoy!

Ingredients

1 16oz pack capellini noodle
4oz pack angel hair pasta
1 head baby bok choy chopped
1/2 orange bell pepper chopped

1/4 yellow onion thinly sliced
2 green onion chopped
2 TBSP fresh ginger grated
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 to 3/4 cup Coconut Secret, Coconut Amino
2 TBSP raw honey
2/3 cup sesame oil
2 TBSP Rice bran oil
3 TBSP Rice Vinegar
3 TBSP Shiloh’s Spicy Sauce, Harissa Original
2 TBSP coconut sugar
Salt to taste

Directions

Boil pasta according to package instructions. Once cooked, DO NOT DRAIN WATER. Add bok choy and bell pepper to cooked pasta and water. Cover, remove from heat and set aside. Spicy Sesame Noodle

In mixing bowl add onion, green onion, and remaining 9 ingredients. Mix thoroughly.  Add desired amount of salt. Drain pasta and bok choy mix. Place in a large serving bowl, add onion and coconut amino mixture. Mix well until pasta hass thoroughly absorbed liquid. Serve and eat!

Enjoy noodles hot or cold.

Frannylove12
by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 8:56 PM
Yesss al'dente honey that's what I'm talking about. Lol

Quoting proudmomof2653:

I do not use meat allthe time but if i do i only put half a lb. in it but when it is done like this, I think that it tastes good without it.

Quoting sweetiepie81:Where the damn meat?! Lol!
Quoting proudmomof2653:

This is how i make my spaghetti.

First, i get a pan and put a splashh of oil in it just to cover the bottom,(olive oil is best because of the flavor) than i get 2 red peppers, 2 green peppers and 2 big onions and saute' them until peppers are nice and soft and onions are translucent,

Now while they are cooking in the pan, my water should be boiling at this point so i boil the noodles than when the peppers and the onions are done, i pour in my spaghetti sauce in with them and let it simmer while the noodles are boiling, when spaghetti is al dente' i put the noodles in altogether with the peppers and onion and sauce and voila dinner is done.

Dedicatedmom02
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Hey, Alyson!  Your recipe sound's delicious!  I am interested in featuring you on my website, in the recipe section.  If you are interested, please PM or email me at lksykes@hotmail.com.  Thank you!

Quoting Alyson121:

I made Pad Thai and Pineapple Fried Rice.  It was really simple.  I used a recipe app i downloaded and tweaked it a bit.

Basically the fried rice used precooked basmati rice (i made it the day before).  Fresh pineapple, raw cashews, raisins, fresh cilantro, grated carrots, and fresh tomatoes.  Shrimp and/or chicken could also be added as well.  The sauce was made of butter and ghee (which is clarified butter), sesame oil, coconut amino (a non soy version of soy sauce), a TBSP of raw sugar and a bit of fresh squeezed lime juice.

It turned our very well.  The Pad Thai uses the same basic ingredients except egg is added and tofu is used as well as bean sprouts.

I'll write up a recipe on my site when i get a chance.  I was also thinking about during video for it as well. 

Email: Lksykes@hotmail.com

mommalade
by Member on Jan. 29, 2015 at 12:51 AM

i'm gonna try this one!

Quoting iluvdwc:

Sounds similar to what some call chicken tetrazinni

Quoting hismommy2010:

My mom calls this "turketti" ( not sure why cause it doesn't contain any turkey)

Ingredients:

3-4 boneless chicken breast ( boiled)

1 can of cream of mushroom

1 can of cream of chicken

1 green bell pepper

1 small onion

1 block velveeta cheese

1 bag of elbow mac noodles

Boil chicke, then pull it apart with forks

boil the noodles til done, and drain.

place half the block of cheese in the cooked drained noodles, and melt the cheese into the noodles ( we nuke it and keep stirring, til melted)

then add the cream of chicken and mushroom, and diced bell pepper and onions. mix all together....

then place in a baking pan ( cake pan) place a few slices of the velveeta cheese to cover the top, and bake until the cheese slices on top are brown.....

mommalade
by Member on Jan. 29, 2015 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this

here's my sticky wing recipe...we ate this 4 times last week! LOL.

fried chicken wingettes (however many you'd like--we make about 20 pieces for everyone). fry them how you normally fry your chicken. you can also use full chicken wings or even chicken legs if it's what you have.

1/2 c honey

1/2 c bbq sauce

1/4 c soy sauce

in an oven safe pan, i pour in the bbq sauce, soy sauce and honey (in that order--if you put the honey in first it will all stick to the bottom of the pan and will be hard to blend) and mix it until well combined. coat the pieces of chicken well and cover the pan with a top or foil, and simply bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.

tastes delicious!

Passionismyname
by on Apr. 8, 2015 at 2:26 AM

I will revisit this post when I run low on ideas on what to make for dinner😉

Savey228
by Member on Jul. 21, 2015 at 11:39 PM
Can you all add pictures when posting the recipe. This food looks amaaazziiingg!!! I'm not as excited in the kitchen myself bt I'd love to become tht way to wanna cook more :/ I do bt it feels like a chore. Great post idea
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN