Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Hay Ladies,

Please post any recipes you would like to share here, I am trying to get the Cafemom team to add a sticky to this post so that it is always available.

baking

by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Replies (21-30):
iluvdwc
by on Feb. 18, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Sounds similar to what some call chicken tetrazinni

Quoting hismommy2010:

My mom calls this "turketti" ( not sure why cause it doesn't contain any turkey)

Ingredients:

3-4 boneless chicken breast ( boiled)

1 can of cream of mushroom

1 can of cream of chicken

1 green bell pepper

1 small onion

1 block velveeta cheese

1 bag of elbow mac noodles

Boil chicke, then pull it apart with forks

boil the noodles til done, and drain.

place half the block of cheese in the cooked drained noodles, and melt the cheese into the noodles ( we nuke it and keep stirring, til melted)

then add the cream of chicken and mushroom, and diced bell pepper and onions. mix all together....

then place in a baking pan ( cake pan) place a few slices of the velveeta cheese to cover the top, and bake until the cheese slices on top are brown.....

0Kit0
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Macaroni and Cheese

boil about half a box of elbow macaroni

Melt 3 Tablespoons of butter in a large sauce pan, add 5 Tablespoons of flour (it should be thick and bubbly) stir for a minute until smooth. Add 2 Tablespoons of Dijon mustard (the smoothe type), if you want you can add 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.  Mince one onion and add it to your mixture, Stir in 2 cups of milk. Mix well. Add 8 oz of cream cheese (if you really like a cream cheese taste, I use about 6-7 oz so it's  not too overwhelming). Melt it down. Then pour in your drained pasta and 2 cups of shredded cheese.Mix.

Pour into a greased, 2 qt casserole dish. Top with breadcrumbs if you wish.

quite1331
by Member on Mar. 11, 2012 at 4:22 AM
3 moms liked this

My all time favorite recipe.....Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings

Ingredients:

Boneless ckn breast 1 or 2

Cream of Mushroom

Salt and pepper

1 cup of celery (finely chopped with food chopper)

1/2 cup water

In a Crock pot, place one or two large pieces of boneless ckn breast, season with a little salt and pepper, then add one can of cream of mushroom and a cup of finely finedly chopped celery (i use a food chopper to chop the celery), add a 1/2 cup of water, Stir up really well..... then turn crockpot on low and simmer 8 hrs while u are at work or let simmer overnite. 

once u are home, u walk in your home and it smells like someone has been cooking all day.....

:) Immediately mash/chop ckn breast up so it is chopped and separated well in crockpot, stir all up, then turn crockpot on high (Place cover/lid back on), and wait 5 or 6 minutes, and add last ingredient, which is "Plain Biscuits" DO NOT GET the BUTTERMILK, GET PLAIN.  then open biscuits and pinch off the biscuits little by little, throw them in the ckn and cream of mushroom mixture in crockpot..... pinch size like an m&m) u will prob use about 6 or 8 of them, just estimate how many u need. stir the biscuits in. they will thicken up, don't stir too much or they will become mushy. once the biscuits thicken up. turn down on low.

Thats it.... and its mmm mmm delicious...If you can make your homemade dumplings or another form of dumplings then use them, and cook separate, then add to the crockpot.

easy recipe..... and I actually add 1 cup and 1/2 of celery.... it seems that the celery realllly gives it flavor.... plus its healthy... and after it cooks down u can't even tell its in there........

Kandie7113
by on Mar. 11, 2012 at 4:33 AM
oh shoot this was funny. But it maybe vegetarian.

Quoting sweetiepie81:

Where the damn meat?! Lol!

Quoting proudmomof2653:

This is how i make my spaghetti.

First, i get a pan and put a splashh of oil in it just to cover the bottom,(olive oil is best because of the flavor) than i get 2 red peppers, 2 green peppers and 2 big onions and saute' them until peppers are nice and soft and onions are translucent,

Now while they are cooking in the pan, my water should be boiling at this point so i boil the noodles than when the peppers and the onions are done, i pour in my spaghetti sauce in with them and let it simmer while the noodles are boiling, when spaghetti is al dente' i put the noodles in altogether with the peppers and onion and sauce and voila dinner is done.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a_leigh_d
by Group Mod on Apr. 1, 2012 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

In case I'm not the last to find out, here's a great tip.  Oven fried chicken using instant potatoes.  Season the potato mix as you would flour for fried chicken, coat your chicken and bake. I will never buy that box crap again!

.Peaches.
by Le Chatte Noire on Apr. 1, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Yup, one of my white girlfriends suggested that to me one day...so good!

Quoting a_leigh_d:

In case I'm not the last to find out, here's a great tip.  Oven fried chicken using instant potatoes.  Season the potato mix as you would flour for fried chicken, coat your chicken and bake. I will never buy that box crap again!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lolligirl
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Everything I make is prepped in under 5 minutes. Because I hate cooking! But somebody gotta feed my family. lol.

Quick and Easy Meatloaf recipe

1. Preheat oven to 350.  2. Chop up some green pepper, onion and garlic  4. Mix all ingredients with the meat, add 1 egg . Season to taste (I use accent seasoning, light salt, garlic powder and black pepper)  5. Shape like a football and add a little water to bottom of the pan  6. Cook until brown  7. Put ketchup on top of meatloaf and pop back in oven for another 5 minutes or until ketchup has thickened.  Comes out moist and scrumptous!

micka5
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Ima try my next mac&cheese this way...I can't wait

Quoting 0Kit0:

Macaroni and Cheese

boil about half a box of elbow macaroni

Melt 3 Tablespoons of butter in a large sauce pan, add 5 Tablespoons of flour (it should be thick and bubbly) stir for a minute until smooth. Add 2 Tablespoons of Dijon mustard (the smoothe type), if you want you can add 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.  Mince one onion and add it to your mixture, Stir in 2 cups of milk. Mix well. Add 8 oz of cream cheese (if you really like a cream cheese taste, I use about 6-7 oz so it's  not too overwhelming). Melt it down. Then pour in your drained pasta and 2 cups of shredded cheese.Mix.

Pour into a greased, 2 qt casserole dish. Top with breadcrumbs if you wish.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graciefreesoul
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 6:03 PM

yeah...before i kicked meat to the curb i used to make spaghetti with italian sausage...i now keep a meatless version in the freezer but haven't tried it in spaghetti yet...now when i'm being lazy i just put some mushrooms (fresh or canned) in spaghetti sauce and sautee it and that's it but when i want something more i'll cut up zuccini and squash and throw that in the sauce with some spices...i'll have to try it this way especially with the new veggie-balls i've fallen in love with lol

Quoting proudmomof2653:

This is how i make my spaghetti.

First, i get a pan and put a splashh of oil in it just to cover the bottom,(olive oil is best because of the flavor) than i get 2 red peppers, 2 green peppers and 2 big onions and saute' them until peppers are nice and soft and onions are translucent,

Now while they are cooking in the pan, my water should be boiling at this point so i boil the noodles than when the peppers and the onions are done, i pour in my spaghetti sauce in with them and let it simmer while the noodles are boiling, when spaghetti is al dente' i put the noodles in altogether with the peppers and onion and sauce and voila dinner is done.

graciefreesoul
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 6:15 PM

super easy and fast pasta salad...

box/bag of pasta (normally i use spirals or bowtie but penne works well too)

red onion (chopped)

cherry or grape tomatoes (cut in halves or whole)

black olives (i love em so i use 1 small can sliced or a big can whole)

1 cucumber cubed (i omit most of the time but it's amazing with them!)

Italian (zesty italian for more zing!) dressing (just enough to coat the pasta...half a bottle is usually enough for me)

bacon bits, 1/2 cup? (i use what i call faco's b/c of the meatless thing)

salt, pepper, and garlic (optional) to taste...

boil your pasta, drain and rinse when done...add remaining ingredients (halve tomatoes, slice olives, cube cucumbers, chop onion...amount depends on you and how much you're making) and mix well...sprinkle parm on it if that's your thing and viola! oh...refrigerate a few hours...lately i skip this part cuz it's so good lol i hope i didn't leave anything out lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)