Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Hay Ladies,

Please post any recipes you would like to share here, I am trying to get the Cafemom team to add a sticky to this post so that it is always available.

baking

by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Replies (41-50):
KymberleeAnn
by on May. 26, 2012 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I'll try to post a picture when I do thanks for sharing...

Quoting graciefreesoul:

it's very easy and fast til i get to the baking part...maybe mine takes longer b/c i sub stuff?? if you think using a whole cup of sugar is too much go with 3/4 cup...like i said, my aunt showed me how to do this so there's really no REAL recipe with measured ingredients lol i really should name this one 'bad for me dump cake' b/c i eat too much of it/it doesn't last long in my house...i hope you make it and enjoy it...

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Okay that sounds easy and fast,

Quoting graciefreesoul:

Peach Dump Cake (for when i want some peach cobbler but don't wanna make it...actually i've never made peach cobbler before lol)

box of yellow cake mix (and all the stuff to make it per the directions)

big can of yellow cling peaches

small can of yellow cling peaches

1c of white sugar

a few pats of butter (i use vegan butter and it's still yummy)

cinnamon (bout 2 tsp)

mix the cake according to instructions (if you eat a vegan diet, subbing everything with vegan versions works fine...i use ener-g egg replacer) and set aside.

oh, preheat the oven and all that good junk too...i use any cake pan but what works best is a glass baking dish.

in a large bowl mix the cans of peaches (with juice), sugar, and cinnamon.

pour the peach-y stuff in the baking dish making sure the peaches are evenly spaced.

put 3 or 4 pats of butter on top (anywhere is fine and i actually forget about this part almost everytime i make this so no butter is fine)

next, carefully pour the cake batter on top of the peaches making an even layer. i usually use the spoon to very carefully spread the batter over the peach mix to make sure the whole thing is covered.

last, throw that sucker in the oven (gently), bake at 350 deg for 45 mins i think...i say 'i think' bc i don't remember the original instructions (this is something my aunt showed me how to do lol) and i always end up baking mine no less than an hr but thats normally b/c i'm using a jacked up oven...gas, elec...doesn't matter, i always have to cook my ish longer lol

when the cake is done, it wont jiggle, will spring back but make sure there's no gooey batter (poke the middle with a butter knife)...you will have (on the underneath part) cake that's wet from the peach juice but you'll know the difference. and you WILL have some peach juice still in the bottom...normally my cakes get pretty brown and start to crack when it's done...omg it's heavenly....i hope this made sense lol

graciefreesoul
by on May. 26, 2012 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this

this looks really yummy and very easy for me to sub to vegan...i usually make a chick-un salad (or any cold salad) with chickpeas instead of the tuna/chicken and veganaise instead of mayo...sounds really diff with the dill and baby spinach and cucumber, etc so i think i'ma have to give this one a try!!!

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

My Gourmet Tuna Recipe

Copyright 2012 By KymberleeAnn

You are free to make this for your family

You will need

!/4 cup fresh  finely chopped dill

1/4 cup fresh finely chopped parsley

1/4 cup fresh diced onion

1/4 cup fresh finely chopped celery

1/2 cup fresh baby spinach

1/2 cup fresh diced Fuji apples

1/2 sweet dried cranberries

3  5oz cans of tuna (1 can in oil, 2 cans in water)

1-1/2 cup of mayo

a pitch of salt and pepper (optional)

1 teaspoon of Adobo (seasoning)

Small pitch of dried Tarragon

Just a pitch of dried, cinnamon, ginger, garlic, and paprika

One large cucumber

large croissants

In large mixing bowl put all the water ingredients in after you drain the tuna well put the tuna into the large mixing bowl first, then all the herbs, the dill, parsley, the onions, the celery, the Fuji apples, and the cranberries.

Add the Mayo

salt and pepper, adobo, tarragon, cinnamon, ginger, garlic, and paprika.  Mix all the ingredients together in the large mixing bowl.

Wash and dry the large cucumber and baby spinach

Slice cucumber in thin slices.

Slice open the large croissant, layer the baby spinach then the thinly sliced cucumber,

Spoon the desired amount of tuna on top of the croissant and serve with veggie chips or what ever you like.

For personal use only, not to be used for resale or duplicated without written permission from author KymberleeAnn.

Thank you enjoy!

KymberleeAnn
by on May. 26, 2012 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I really love this dish it's my creation that's why I'm so proud of it.

Quoting graciefreesoul:

this looks really yummy and very easy for me to sub to vegan...i usually make a chick-un salad (or any cold salad) with chickpeas instead of the tuna/chicken and veganaise instead of mayo...sounds really diff with the dill and baby spinach and cucumber, etc so i think i'ma have to give this one a try!!!

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

My Gourmet Tuna Recipe

Copyright 2012 By KymberleeAnn

You are free to make this for your family

You will need

!/4 cup fresh  finely chopped dill

1/4 cup fresh finely chopped parsley

1/4 cup fresh diced onion

1/4 cup fresh finely chopped celery

1/2 cup fresh baby spinach

1/2 cup fresh diced Fuji apples

1/2 sweet dried cranberries

3  5oz cans of tuna (1 can in oil, 2 cans in water)

1-1/2 cup of mayo

a pitch of salt and pepper (optional)

1 teaspoon of Adobo (seasoning)

Small pitch of dried Tarragon

Just a pitch of dried, cinnamon, ginger, garlic, and paprika

One large cucumber

large croissants

In large mixing bowl put all the water ingredients in after you drain the tuna well put the tuna into the large mixing bowl first, then all the herbs, the dill, parsley, the onions, the celery, the Fuji apples, and the cranberries.

Add the Mayo

salt and pepper, adobo, tarragon, cinnamon, ginger, garlic, and paprika.  Mix all the ingredients together in the large mixing bowl.

Wash and dry the large cucumber and baby spinach

Slice cucumber in thin slices.

Slice open the large croissant, layer the baby spinach then the thinly sliced cucumber,

Spoon the desired amount of tuna on top of the croissant and serve with veggie chips or what ever you like.

For personal use only, not to be used for resale or duplicated without written permission from author KymberleeAnn.

Thank you enjoy!

graciefreesoul
by on May. 26, 2012 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this

haha i haven't really 'created' anything but kinda 're-created' some of my favorite dishes after i transitioned to veg...it's been fun and ofc amazing when i can pull it off...

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

KymberleeAnn
by on May. 26, 2012 at 12:43 AM

I bet it's a great feeling...

Quoting graciefreesoul:

haha i haven't really 'created' anything but kinda 're-created' some of my favorite dishes after i transitioned to veg...it's been fun and ofc amazing when i can pull it off...

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

graciefreesoul
by on May. 26, 2012 at 12:48 AM

it really is b/c a lot of ppl have the misconception that vegetarian/vegan eating means eating boring/bland foods and giving up your faves and anybody that believes that couldn't be more wrong...sure there are obvious things that you can't sub or recreate like steak or roast (that i know of anyway haha) but my potato salad, cornbread, greens, gravies, cakes, etc...they taste just as good as before...my first veg thanksgiving was barely 6 months after i transitioned so i was VERY worried b/c that's my favorite holiday and food (dressing, gravy, greens...) i have a pic i'll try to pull off of vegweb to show the finished product lol i didn't even wanna eat it cuz it was just beautiful haha...

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Quoting graciefreesoul:

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

KymberleeAnn
by on May. 26, 2012 at 12:52 AM

That's wonderful, yeah vegan meals require a little ingenuity and creativity but I have tasted some vegan meals and they where great! I look forward to seeing the picture.

Quoting graciefreesoul:

it really is b/c a lot of ppl have the misconception that vegetarian/vegan eating means eating boring/bland foods and giving up your faves and anybody that believes that couldn't be more wrong...sure there are obvious things that you can't sub or recreate like steak or roast (that i know of anyway haha) but my potato salad, cornbread, greens, gravies, cakes, etc...they taste just as good as before...my first veg thanksgiving was barely 6 months after i transitioned so i was VERY worried b/c that's my favorite holiday and food (dressing, gravy, greens...) i have a pic i'll try to pull off of vegweb to show the finished product lol i didn't even wanna eat it cuz it was just beautiful haha...

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Quoting graciefreesoul:

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Alyson121
by Aly in the Kitchen on May. 26, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Yeah, i'm always whipping of goodies in my kitchen

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Yummy it sounds like you are making something pretty healthy

Quoting Alyson121:

I made Pad Thai and Pineapple Fried Rice.  It was really simple.  I used a recipe app i downloaded and tweaked it a bit.

Basically the fried rice used precooked basmati rice (i made it the day before).  Fresh pineapple, raw cashews, raisins, fresh cilantro, grated carrots, and fresh tomatoes.  Shrimp and/or chicken could also be added as well.  The sauce was made of butter and ghee (which is clarified butter), sesame oil, coconut amino (a non soy version of soy sauce), a TBSP of raw sugar and a bit of fresh squeezed lime juice.

It turned our very well.  The Pad Thai uses the same basic ingredients except egg is added and tofu is used as well as bean sprouts.

I'll write up a recipe on my site when i get a chance.  I was also thinking about during video for it as well. 

graciefreesoul
by on May. 26, 2012 at 12:57 AM

sent the pic in a PM...

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

That's wonderful, yeah vegan meals require a little ingenuity and creativity but I have tasted some vegan meals and they where great! I look forward to seeing the picture.

KymberleeAnn
by on May. 26, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Okay great let me go and check it out.

Quoting graciefreesoul:

sent the pic in a PM...

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN