Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever did Karaoke?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:14 AM
  • 14 Replies

singing

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
0Kit0
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:20 AM

LOL, one time. We went to my bf's friend's bday party and his girl friend was there with some of her friends. I didn't know anyone else so I hung out with themfor a bit and someone decided to do karaoke. I was game. I think there were three or four of us and we did "Bootylicious". We got WAAAY into it. It was fun.

supermom664
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I did once at this bar/grill/night club called the Library...I song "In My Mind" by Heather Headly I brought the house down, not because I can sing but I was looking all sexy & sultry that night....my sister did some corny Rebe McEntire song and people starting throwing cups and balled up paper towels on stage. I ran out of there screaming, hollering, and laughing at the same time...we get to the car and my sister had the nerves to ask us "Was I That Bad"... I starting laughing all of again

tpaspeedy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:39 AM

It was a staple in college.  I was a student assistant with Student Life, and lots of the organizations held functions on campus where Karaoke was involved.  I NEVER sang on my own, but ALWAYS in a group.  Crazy, not stupid :o)

GoldenBrown82
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:49 AM

I love Karaoke! I haven't done it in such a long time. I used to go with this friend of mine on Tuesday nights but the place we went to stop holding it there.

supermom664
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Hottmomma thanks for this post because it brought back memories of that night...it was my first time out with my sisters since I had my youngest, I still have scratches on my arms from running out of that club and sliding down on the brick walls because I was laughing so hard I couldn't even support my on body weight....Well I'm sure the few drinks I had had a lot to do with it to....I'm about to call my sister now and clown her about that night, lol

1214Choc
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Girl we have a Karaoke  machine at home and my sister is the queen of Karaoke (not that she can sing well, but because she loves to do it even though she sounds a mess).  LOL   I have a video of my sister singing and my mom dancing (which would be funny as hell if y'all knew my mom).  I'll see if I can find it and maybe...just maybe I'll post it. 

Hottmomma607
by A_Diva2Hot2Handle on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Too many to count!! LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlshine
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Lol that sounds just like my sisters and mom! My mother has the bomb karaoke machine and when I worked a different shift, we all used to end up at her house doing karaoke when I went to pick up my boys. I loooove karaoke and do it every chance I get, though I can't sing a lick!

Quoting 1214Choc:

Girl we have a Karaoke  machine at home and my sister is the queen of Karaoke (not that she can sing well, but because she loves to do it even though she sounds a mess).  LOL   I have a video of my sister singing and my mom dancing (which would be funny as hell if y'all knew my mom).  I'll see if I can find it and maybe...just maybe I'll post it. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ginene
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Yep and I can't sing lol.
I did Adelle rolling in the deep at a fair and had the crowd rocking and I sounded a hot mess but I interact with the crowd a lot.(far from shy)
Salt n pepa at a club singing push it and everybody cheered us on.
And one time I did Aretha Franklin respect lol. I love Karaoke
Also I did my rap in college (in the 90s) and everyone was chanting go Ginene get busy lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mishandia
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:14 PM
I go to watch I can't sing
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)