• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mending Relationships

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:47 PM
  • 6 Replies

Today I spoke with my  step father, who I have fallen out of touch with for the past 2 years. He and my mom were married for 10 years, and we had a good relationship. Ever since he and my mom split, we have not kept in touch. I learned that he was ill, so I decided to call him. We had a great conversation and promised that we would keep in touch with each other. It makes me feel so good to know that he is doing well and that even though he and my mom are not togteher, we can still maintain a relationship.  Are there any people in your life whom you may have fallen out of contact with , that you wish the relationship could be tighter?

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sexychica25
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:49 PM
My brother. But as long as he's still married to that bitch and continues to let her control everything, it ain't gon happen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krisdev67
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:00 PM

My cousin that was like a sister to me.  But she did some foul shit that I just can't forget.  I can forgive her but not forget, and I truly don't want to even be around her.

anabelle2301
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:17 PM

My aunt use to be someone that i couldn't stand to think of cause that's how bad she hurt me and although I'm not someone to hold a grudge I still will never forget what she has done but we speak occasionally and I have forgiven her, but good for you! it feels good to let go of a grudge, one less to stress over.

Believe86
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:22 PM

He admited to me that he was hurt, dissapointed and angry. He never held a grudge toward me, but his hurt got in the way of our relationship. I am glad that he can admit that, means that he has grown.

Quoting anabelle2301:

My aunt use to be someone that i couldn't stand to think of cause that's how bad she hurt me and although I'm not someone to hold a grudge I still will never forget what she has done but we speak occasionally and I have forgiven her, but good for you! it feels good to let go of a grudge, one less to stress over.

anabelle2301
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Now thats a great way to starting over a broken relationship i never had gotten an apology from my aunt but it feels good to know that its over and done with.

Quoting Believe86:

He admited to me that he was hurt, dissapointed and angry. He never held a grudge toward me, but his hurt got in the way of our relationship. I am glad that he can admit that, means that he has grown.

Quoting anabelle2301:

tthomas87
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:05 PM

I'm glad you were able to begin to reconcile things with your stepfather. My moms family has problems and I would like to see her and her siblings resolve their issues because it has caused a divide with me and my cousins to the point where the family doesn't even get togther for the holiday's anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)