Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is ther a site

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:27 PM
  • 4 Replies

for  birth/death records for african americans thats easy to navigate? i'm trying to research my dads family  tree and can only find things on my grandpa  but nothing on my grandma she died when my dad was a kid and i need info on her i'd love to do a dna test but they cost too much at this point. i need help because my grandma wasn't born here she was born in illinois and so was my father can somoene please help me idk if this helps but i was born in saginaw michigan

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mishandia
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Have you tried each states vital records data base? I don't there isa data base just for BLACKS. Have you tried reseacrching the family name (her last name @ the time of his birth)?

mamadee1971
by Dionne on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Is there not a library of geneology in your city?

mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Quoting mamadee1971:

Is there not a library of geneology in your city?

my grandmother wasn't born here in michigan and i can't get any information out of my dads brothers and sisters about her. all i know is her first and last name and that she died when my dad was a little boy. she was also pregnant and after she died my dad and a few of his brothers and sisters went to the guardian angel home i found their website  but i'm not sure if they kept the records of my dad and his brothers and sisters being there, so i'm afraid to call and ask any questions.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)