Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP!!! A chance to open our business, but I need advice!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:39 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ok.  So I had a meeting with a gentleman who owns a boutique style hotel on the "Rodeo Drive" of Boston.  Anyway, he would like my husband and I to take over the bar/lounge part of the business and call it our own.  He would like to contract with us to manage bar and kitchen (taking care of inventory/stock, etc).  He would need my hus to provide meals for guests and appetizers, finger foods for bar guests and for me to be responsible for stocking bar and managing it.

However, I don't know where to start.  I would appreciate any feedback that you could offer.

(P.S.  I know I am still doing tarot readings, but I had to take a break and announce this to my family to see what y'all think!!!!!)

(P.S.S. And before anyone say it, I can't do my own reading to find out if this will work, LOL)

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mamaofficer
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:48 PM
Only way you will know is to try it. Okay good luck, im am libra if i cannot get all 3 cards, give me money and career?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maccheese
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Congrats! I agree. You just have to go for it. Long as you know how to be organized, budget, and interact with your clients, your should be alright.

wifey77
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:14 PM

So what do you want to know? Will you be starting from "scratch"? Is there a menu already and is the place already set up? First you need to crunch the numbers,figure out what everything will cost. plan the menu if you must do so, start shopping, and do alot of price comparisons for supplies. If these things are already in place, get to know the suppliers they already use. Umm come up with ways to promote the business. I hope these few tips help. I'm wondering, are you guys gonna be owners or he just wants you to run the business?

happybingme
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:19 PM

It looks as if we will be running the business.  The owner does not want to get involved so much, because the property alone is a headache.  So he would prefer to just contract services out and make sure that his guests are satisfied in the same breath.  It looks as if we will come up with the menu and charge him based on overall costs and labor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)