Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

REAL BLACK MEN

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:44 PM
  • 70 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am so tired of black women saying there aren't any real black men left...I totally disagree because I wa raised by a strong black woman and man...My kids have a great dad who is also black...

But I was thinking that the way you were brought up and raised has an effect on how a person turns out(male or female)

I believe that black children who live in nicer areas rather than the ones who were raised in the ghetto grow up to be better people( I AM NOT SAYING THAT GOOD PEOPLE DONT COME OUT OF THE GHETTO)

Do you think that a black boy raised in the suburbs who was raised by both parents has a better chance of being a good black man over someone who was raised in the ghetto by one parent?

Just a random thought...it has nothing to do with anyone in particular...So please dont take it personal with me

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsary
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:48 PM
I used to think that until my ex husband. They were very wealthy, had both parents, and only 1 sibling. Now him and his sister can not function on their own. They are in their mid 30s! Their mom moved into a 1 bedroom apt and told them they can't come live w her. Lol. He expected me to take care of him like his parents did!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Peaches.
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:49 PM
11 moms liked this
You can grow up with both parents and be complete asshole.

Part of it is a person's personality.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samirahk
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:53 PM

wow...i dont know how the men who were born with a silver or golden spoon slipped my mind but i definitely see where you're coming from

Quoting mrsary:

I used to think that until my ex husband. They were very wealthy, had both parents, and only 1 sibling. Now him and his sister can not function on their own. They are in their mid 30s! Their mom moved into a 1 bedroom apt and told them they can't come live w her. Lol. He expected me to take care of him like his parents did!

samirahk
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:54 PM

yeah and a lot has to do with what they experienced in life so far

Quoting .Peaches.:

You can grow up with both parents and be complete asshole.

Part of it is a person's personality.

Delila12
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:54 PM
3 moms liked this
I think it has a lot to do with the person's upbringing. It not really about how many parents are in the house. It has more to do with how those parents, or parent is/are raising their child. IMO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a_leigh_d
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:01 PM
4 moms liked this

It's not the neighborhood.  It is the parenting.  Many of our great leaders came from humble, single parent homes in the hood and the jails are filled with many products of middle class suburbia.

mrsary
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Quoting a_leigh_d:

It's not the neighborhood.  It is the parenting.  Many of our great leaders came from humble, single parent homes in the hood and the jails are filled with many products of middle class suburbia.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by A_Diva2Hot2Handle on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Oh lawd!! I am gonna ride Ms. Lady's! First of all I do think that kids raise in the "ghetto"! Can be productive! Being poor doesn't mean not able to raise kids! Some poor kids do have two parent homes!! My DH&I grew in two different eviroment. We both grew up in 2 parent home. But he grew up poor&struggled. But it didn't determine him! He went to college,Air force,making an extremely nice living for us! Where you live may have some challenges. But I am inclined to think that where you live may have issues too!

Quoting mrsary:

Quoting a_leigh_d:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samirahk
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:06 PM

I didnt necessarily mean that all kids in the ghetto dont have 2 parents but most of them dont...the post is basically about having two parents making a differnce in a man's life...thats all I am not bashing the ghetto...I didnt grow up wealthy we just didnt struggle so basically I will say we were middle class

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Oh lawd!! I am gonna ride Ms. Lady's! First of all I do think that kids raise in the "ghetto"! Can be productive! Being poor doesn't mean not able to raise kids! Some poor kids do have two parent homes!! My DH&I grew in two different eviroment. We both grew up in 2 parent home. But he grew up poor&struggled. But it didn't determine him! He went to college,Air force,making an extremely nice living for us! Where you live may have some challenges. But I am inclined to think that where you live may have issues too!

Quoting mrsary:

Quoting a_leigh_d:

smiley83
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:23 PM
Oh boy........
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)