• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

His Wedding Ring

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:25 PM
  • 35 Replies
Ok, so my bestfriend and I were talking the other day. She explained to me that her hubby went out friday night with some friend. There is nothing wrong with going out and having a good time. Problem is that she saw a pic of him out and he did not have his wedding ring on. He claimed that he washed his hands and forget to put it back on. This is not the first time that he had done this. Theyve also experienced cheating in the past, so she is trying to rebuild the trust. My question is how would you feel if everytime your hubby went out, he took his wedding ring off?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by A_Diva2Hot2Handle on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know how I would feel?! Its very suspicious. But that tan line on his finger should be a good indicator.

divahdoll
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Well obviously if he keeps taking his ring off....then something is deffinetly wrong.....that's why I don't know why people rush in into getting married.......people just take that word and throw it around........I would feel hurt embarrased all at once......that's crazy.....
nicenround
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:37 PM
I'd be pissed. I know my hubby would be mad if mine was off so he better not take his off. Even if it was innocent (although that excuse is lame) if they're trying to recover from infidelity he should be making sure he doesn't forget stuff like that. The goal is to build trust not make room for doubt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomTiara19
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:37 PM

A huge sign he is probably cheating again.

Believe86
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, I know she feels all of those emotions and more. They were not ready for marriage, have not been married for a year yet and are having some major issues.

Quoting divahdoll:

Well obviously if he keeps taking his ring off....then something is deffinetly wrong.....that's why I don't know why people rush in into getting married.......people just take that word and throw it around........I would feel hurt embarrased all at once......that's crazy.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anabelle2301
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:42 PM
I would be verry upset. Some guys do it to see if they still got it, but that's no excuse to be taking off your ring.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2timezthefun
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I would be hurt . What reason other than cheating or wanting to talk ,get with, flirt etc. would have for taking off his ring everytime he went out with the guys. He can't say its uncomfortable or bothering him because whenever we do our daily activities he wears his ring. Since they're trying to get past him cheating it would be a big sign that hes cheating again because he's taking his ring off when he goes out. 

Carma998
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:49 PM
2 moms liked this

I think he's cheating and I think she has given him very good reason to believe that she is sticking around no matter what.  How did she handle his cheating in the past?  She got mad and...? Forgave him after 2 weeks?  He probably feels there are no real consequences for his cheating. She'll be mad, but she'll get over it pretty quickly. She has to tell him exactly what's gonna happen if he cheats again and she has to mean it and stick to it.  Otherwise, he has no reason in the world to take her seriously and no motivation to stop cheating. This is how I feel about cheating: People cheat because they feel they aren't risking anything.  Either the relationship doesn't mean enough and cheating is worth it OR they don't feel they're risking anything because 1. They don't feel they will be caught or 2. They'll be caught but the partner isn't gonna leave.

Carma998
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:52 PM

If they both knew they weren't ready, why'd they get married.  That's asking for trouble. Marriage is more than a notion and hard enough to maintain when the couple feels they ARE ready!

Bunsmommy
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Ooh, ooh.....I loves this answer!

Quoting Carma998:

If they both knew they weren't ready, why'd they get married.  That's asking for trouble. Marriage is more than a notion and hard enough to maintain when the couple feels they ARE ready!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)