Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Michelle Obama is

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:57 PM
  • 11 Replies

host compares Michelle Obama to Chewbacca from Star Wars

Radio show host Jimmy Lakey probably won’t win many African American friends after he compared First Lady Michelle Obama to Chewbacca, the ape-like, hairy creature from the film, “Star Wars.”   Lakey claims that he heard the comparison while relaxing in a cigar club recently.

Lakey, who hosts a show on 740 KVOR in Colorado Springs, said, “at the cigar club, someone used the phrase Chewbacca, and everyone knew or assumed who this person was talking about.  I’ve tested it.  I’ve done group testing, and I’ve said, if I say Chewbacca, what do you think?  And, I’m telling you, I’m in so much trouble right now.”

Lakey critiqued himself by saying that he thought that the comparison was a bit much, and then noted that he’d shown pictures of Mrs. Obama to his wife.   He claims that his wife said that Michelle wears outfits that make her “look like a halfback.”

“If you’re the First Lady, you shouldn’t wear things that make you look like a halfback,” Lakey claims his wife said.

Lakey then said that he told his wife, “What’s the difference between you saying she looks like a halfback and someone else saying the name Chewbacca? I don’t get the difference.”

Think Lakey’s a racist?  Well, consider this:  When someone called into the show saying that Michelle Obama reminded him of a character from Planet of Apes, Lakey thought it was incredibly funny.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Carma998
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this

This woman is beautiful and classy and I can't believe the way people talk about our first family. I'm waiting for someone to say something about theose pretty little girls.  These white men know they would love to sample the merchandise the way they did back in the days when they could do it against our will!

0Kit0
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:09 PM
3 moms liked this

Simple minds. The only way they know how to process the success. I feel bad for them. Perhaps this man should show a picture of his wife, float it around, see what negative things people come up with about her. I bet it wouldn't be funny then.

misssy2000
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Wow, that is sad. I think she has a very sophisticated, and classy look.

MsAntoine
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this
SMH. This is really sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strongerthanB4
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:54 PM
It is pissing WHITE AMERICA off, that the most powerful person in the world is BLACK!
Michelle got sexy swagger for days just like Obama. Michelle or Obama don't give a damn about what anyone says, because they or their children will never say ANYTHING from the WHITE HOUSE.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Peaches.
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, they're racist. You can try to hide it behind laughter, but lets call a spade a spade.

Unfortunately, they're all showing their true colors because they can't handle that the first family is BLACK.

SunFlower700
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I have no clue who Jimmy Lakey is, so had to Google and wow.  When I first saw the Google image pic of  him, it immediately reminded me of that monster from the movie "The Goonies".

I think the racist references of Michelle Obama and monkey by those racists in the media is getting tiring and old. 

ChantalsMom
by Chantalsmom on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I think so too.

Quoting SunFlower700:

I have no clue who Jimmy Lakey is, so had to Google and wow.  When I first saw the Google image pic of  him, it immediately reminded me of that monster from the movie "The Goonies".

I think the racist references of Michelle Obama and monkey by those racists in the media is getting tiring and old. 

lesbians

ChantalsMom
by Chantalsmom on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:06 PM

The chickens are coming home to roost.  The racists and their spawns just can't fathom that, an educated, smart and very articulate man, is the leader of this country and the free world. You have to admire this man, because he has shown grace under pressure and has simply allowed his record to speak for itself.

**This is my opinion** 

For those of you folks from the other groups that are here checking out what we post in "AFRICAN AMERICAN MOMMIES",  tell them Chantalsmom says "OBAMA OR BUST IN 2012"

tpayne87
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Why do they allow these ignorant ass, racist white folk to get away with what they say on air, & were allowed to just accept it and move on.. uughh.. they r so freaking rude and obnoxious...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)