Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you handle

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:59 PM
  • 11 Replies
Being critisized by family for having an interracial relationship?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sexychica25
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:08 PM
You either deal with it or ignore it. They/we gon talk about you either way. My mother and brother are both in interracial marriages. We respect their mates but we do "talk" about them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Peaches.
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Its your relationship...no matter what kind of relationship you choose, keep your family out if it.

If they can't respect your choices, you don't have to explain your reasons...you're with who you're with, whether they like or not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misslady80013
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:45 PM
I really don't care what anyone thinks of the choices I make so I don't know how to answer your question. Good luck to you though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misssy2000
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Our family is way to mixed no one cares, they will talk if your kids are bad, or you owe them money,  look a mess, or gained some weight,  but being interracial they probably wont even notice.

tamikadorch26
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

WOULDN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT WHAT NO ONE HAS TO SAY BECAUSE  I'M HAPPY AND GROWN. 

DVS
by Da Goldenchild on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Well in my family we have one IR couple and that is my brother and his wife and aint nobody got much to say bout it at all. They been married since 98 and I guess she treats him good. So as long as she acts appropriately then there will be no problems
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momandher8
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:04 AM

my brother's girlfriend is Korean/white and we are black.. her family has a problem with him and I have a problem with that, but in the end she is cool and loves him, but I think family is always going to say something because I think that we all, in my family can find something wrong with our mates(all) black, white, purple, whatever there's something wrong... I am single so they don't say much, but when I was dating, there was always a problem as well and I understand the pressure of wanting to satisfy the family but in the end, its really about your feelings, so you say...hey.. I understand but this is what I want, bottom line

ChantalsMom
by Chantalsmom on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:55 AM

My sister is in an ir and herself and husband have been married for a little over 6 yrs.  All is well on our side, but his mother and daughter is another story...but who gives a sh*t anyway, they're happy.

ChantalsMom
by Chantalsmom on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Quoting sexychica25:

You either deal with it or ignore it. They/we gon talk about you either way. My mother and brother are both in interracial marriages. We respect their mates but we do "talk" about them.

lesbians

inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:03 AM
2 moms liked this

I think there comes a time when you have to stop worrying about what other think/say and live your life..People that criticize- limit the time you spend with them..Surround yourself with positive, loving, accepting people..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)