Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am in Georgia for the week....

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:30 PM
  • 12 Replies

so what is there fun to do here? Are there any places I should see or great restaurants I should try out? I am about 20 mins away from Atlanta.

Where the Georgians at?

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Peaches.
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:35 PM
The Aquarium its fun, if you're into that. The Underground Mall is interesting. The Mall of Atlanta is pretty big...Lennox Mall is nice (its in Buckhead, a super nice area of town), but don't expect to be able to afford a while lot! Lol

...can't think of anything else right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tpayne87
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Bump!

maccheese
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Atlantic Station has some cool places to eat. If you like shopping, you'll like Perimeter mall.

msgamom
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Those are two great locations to shop and eat at Atlantic Station.

Quoting maccheese:

Atlantic Station has some cool places to eat. If you like shopping, you'll like Perimeter mall.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tamikadorch26
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:12 AM

SORRY. LOUISIANA.

momandher8
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Okay... Try moe's thats a nice fast food place if you like mexician food.. I am thinking cause all the places that I've been.. i am trying to see what I was most impressed with.. 

I moved from New York here to Georgia and Im moving back.. as far as food is concerned.. I like this place called Metro diner.. they have the biggest pieces of cake I could see... and it was pretty good, they have this white chocolate raspberry filled cake which I adored..

okay things to see...hummmm... downtown is nice to walk around... I really haven't seen anything great besides the houses here...love the houses.. 

Echleon is a great place to party, you would have a ball... I will get back to you on anything else.

Bunsmommy
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Lenox.....SMH, why is it everybody who doesn't live here love to holler about Lenox? Where are you exactly?
Eateries; best places are around Atlantic Station.....if you go there run in Ikea and tell me what's on sale. Just saying, I'm helping you you could help me! Ooh and Perimeter, if you go there grab me up a slice of Oreo cheesecake, that's a nice mall also. Traffic is BANANAS, but it's worth it.
Partying; that would really depend on what's your style and taste. Echelon is my spot.....MOMANDHER8, let me know next time you're hitting up echelon! It's a more grown folk spot. I'm from Boston and in all my years here I have never considered ATL a cultural hub. They have no respect for historical points of interest. Last Memorial Day we went to Macon to visit the Georgia Music Hall of Fame by June it was closed bc of revenue and the state wouldn't put forth money to keep it open. Nevertheless, where you are and what you're into will help a great deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nechelleisttc
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I stay in Georgia on the southside of atlanta not to far from college park. Me personally i like real soul food and if you are close to riverdale you should try out big daddy's soul food as far as shopping im from the eastside of atlanta and i like to shop at south dekalb mall or stonecrest and some of the store around there Lenoxx not so much way to expensive. I dont party much but it really depends on what you like. Like Bunsmommy said echelon is a good spot but also try The Pearl Bistro and if you like a real HOOD party try Central Station.

maccheese
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Traffic IS crazy at Perimeter. You will run out of gas looking for a parking space. Even if its 10 in the morning. I also like No Mas Cantina which is near downtown. Peter St near downtown also has some nice little lounge spots to hang out at.

Bunsmommy
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:26 AM
Oooh, she said soul food and all I read was Busy Bee's. Damn I miss working near the AU campus!
There's a trick to parking at perimeter, you can't park in the front. Or have you a handicap tag.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)