Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies
Since its almost 4 am and I'm bored...

How old were you when you lost your virginity? How long after did you get pregnant? Have you ever been celibate (whether self imposed or otherwise) ? For how long?

Lost my v card at 15, got pregnant 6 months later and had my son at 16. I've been celibate off and on in the past but I am coming up on my 2 year mark of voluntary celibacy. I think I'll stay that way until marriage. What about you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 3:58 AM
Replies (21-30):
MandiFuego
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 6:10 PM
2 moms liked this

I physically "lost it" at 12. Got pregnant that time ( I wasn't even aware I was really having sex so I don't really count it) I had my son at 13.

Didn't have sex again until a month before I turned 16. I count that because I KNEW what I was doing and why I was doing it....got pregnant that time too but lost the baby....it was for the best cuz...NOBODY was ready to deal with that.

I wild out for a bit, but I had started liking this guy that was like 23 ( I was 16) but he saw that I wasnt respecting myself and he told me he really did like me and was willing to wait for me to be 18 but he wasn't going to because I showed him I didn't respect myself and he wasn't going to watch me self destruct....I never had a man say something so HONEST to me before...so I decided to stop EVERYTHING...I was celibate for 18 months...then I just had "dry spells" just not being able to find a guy I wanted to be with..I don't count that as being celibate....Now I'm celibate again because I can't expect my daughter to grow up a certain way, if I'm showing her a different example...so I AM waiting for marriage this time...hopefully she'll be a better person than I was

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2012 at 6:30 PM
When did you have your daughter? It's good that you decided to change. It will benefit your son as well as your daughter :)

Quoting MandiFuego:

I physically "lost it" at 12. Got pregnant that time ( I wasn't even aware I was really having sex so I don't really count it) I had my son at 13.

Didn't have sex again until a month before I turned 16. I count that because I KNEW what I was doing and why I was doing it....got pregnant that time too but lost the baby....it was for the best cuz...NOBODY was ready to deal with that.

I wild out for a bit, but I had started liking this guy that was like 23 ( I was 16) but he saw that I wasnt respecting myself and he told me he really did like me and was willing to wait for me to be 18 but he wasn't going to because I showed him I didn't respect myself and he wasn't going to watch me self destruct....I never had a man say something so HONEST to me before...so I decided to stop EVERYTHING...I was celibate for 18 months...then I just had "dry spells" just not being able to find a guy I wanted to be with..I don't count that as being celibate....Now I'm celibate again because I can't expect my daughter to grow up a certain way, if I'm showing her a different example...so I AM waiting for marriage this time...hopefully she'll be a better person than I was

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bronze_1
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 6:44 PM

I lost my virginity when i was 17 years old. I got pregnant a year and a few months after that and had my daughter when I was 19. I have only been celibate for maybe 5 months that was only because my husband was in Iraq during that time. 

MandiFuego
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Quoting SexyDiva19:

When did you have your daughter? It's good that you decided to change. It will benefit your son as well as your daughter :)

Quoting MandiFuego:

I didn't have her yet due in July, I was pregnant with another girl before this one, but I lost her ( got pregnant RIGHT after the MC my OB was like I REALLY want you to talk to some one and try birth control because I'm seeing you WAYY too often, I really don't want to have to come in here one day and tell you u have HIV (and, no, that didn't scare me)..I was going thru a lot of stuff and kept getting pregnant because I really didn't care  about the consequences... I've come a long way luckily..my mom never taught me that I was worth anything..A mistake i REFUSE to make with ANY of my children

memekisses
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 7:27 PM
I lost it at 18 to my now husband and got pregnant a few months after.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fallaya
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Lost virginity when I was 27. Haven't practiced celibacy since then.

Gave birth to my daughter in 2008. 

I'm in a relationship with my dd's dad, so I'm not currently celibate.

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2012 at 8:47 PM
3 moms liked this
Lost it at 27? Wow. Congrats on keeping it for that long.

Quoting Fallaya:

Lost virginity when I was 27. Haven't practiced celibacy since then.

Gave birth to my daughter in 2008. 

I'm in a relationship with my dd's dad, so I'm not currently celibate.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsary
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Did u have a c-section being so young? how old is your child now?

Quoting MandiFuego:

mochachcolic
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, never again......I can live my life w/o a man. we r high school sweethearts & been married for 12 years, just don't feel like starting over. & I'm not the one to be giving it to any & everybody. No, no more children this makes number 3 & we already discussed being done, so definitely no more children.

expecting girl

"Live life to the fullest, only as GOD allows"

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Oh ok. I didn't know if you had more children or not. Well that sounds like a good idea then. If you had only one child would you change your mind?

Quoting mochachcolic:

Yes, never again......I can live my life w/o a man. we r high school sweethearts & been married for 12 years, just don't feel like starting over. & I'm not the one to be giving it to any & everybody. No, no more children this makes number 3 & we already discussed being done, so definitely no more children.

expecting girl

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN