Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

I feel bad for Dh..

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 11:42 PM
  • 19 Replies

When he was at work on Tuesday he was restraining someone and hurt his knee really bad. We took him to the E.R and he didnt break anything thank God but they do think there maybe torn ligaments so hes going for an MRI on Wednesday. The prescribed him 800 mg motrin.Couldn't they have given him something stronger? I know it sucks because he hurt the same knee before and had to have surgery.He's still in pain and the ice isnt helping at all. He claims its not that bad but his face says it all. IDK from the looks of it we might be staying home for Easter. 

twin girls baby boyMy day is NEVER boring in love expecting boy

by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sexychica25
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 11:45 PM
They should've shot him in the hip with something, but the motrin is supposed to be good for inflammation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2timezthefun
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Quoting sexychica25:

They should've shot him in the hip with something, but the motrin is supposed to be good for inflammation.

the motrin is helping a little but not enough they wrapped it and gave him crutches but he doesnt even use both he only uses one 

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe naproxin would have been better. Poor guy. I know his pain because my knees come out of place and it hurts like hell so I can only imagine how he's feeling. If he as a brace that should help it a little as well.

2timezthefun
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

Maybe naproxin would have been better. Poor guy. I know his pain because my knees come out of place and it hurts like hell so I can only imagine how he's feeling. If he as a brace that should help it a little as well.

they didnt give him one they just gave him an ace bandage and crutches 

rayroe2
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:03 AM

That sucks, I know sometimes if you put menthol on bruises or stuff like that it numbs them.

MandiFuego
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:06 AM

dang, no percs? I'd be upset. they give nacrs pretty freely here though.

2timezthefun
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Quoting MandiFuego:

nope at first the doc was like we'll give you 600 mg of motrin I was like 600 really ?? then he pushed it up to 800 

Favored01
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Hope he gets to feeling better soon!

MandiFuego
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Quoting 2timezthefun:

Quoting MandiFuego:

nope at first the doc was like we'll give you 600 mg of motrin I was like 600 really ?? then he pushed it up to 800 

I was given 800mg for cramps! which mind u was HEAVEN. pop one at thr first sign of a cramp and keep on popping every 4 hours! ( yea, I went thru a lot of them) but like injury pain?  have u called them and told them the motrin isn't working? especially if the swelling hasn't reduced much....

2timezthefun
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MandiFuego:

Quoting 2timezthefun:

Quoting MandiFuego:

I was given 800mg for cramps! which mind u was HEAVEN. pop one at thr first sign of a cramp and keep on popping every 4 hours! ( yea, I went thru a lot of them) but like injury pain?  have u called them and told them the motrin isn't working? especially if the swelling hasn't reduced much....

Yea they said he can come back to the E.R he doesnt want to he feels like they're just going to give him more motrin so we're going to the walk in urgent care in the morning they're more likely to give him real pain killers 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN