Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

What are good ages for a single Mom to take her kids to a theme park alone?

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:36 AM
  • 13 Replies

My little ones are 2, 4, and 7 right now. We go to SeaWorld annually, but I am ready for theme parks.  When will my kids be ready? My 7 yr old is ready, skeptical about my 2 youngest. What is your opinion?

Oh yeah... I will be taking them alone.

by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xense
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:43 AM
I am wondering the same. I think I want to go to a theme park. My boys are 10 and 4. I know my 10 year old is ready. But it would be hard for me to be in two different places since my 4 year is so young.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bxbsmommy
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Our son went to Disney at 4 last year. We also had our 4 month old. The 4 year old was the whiniest kid at Disney and I wouldn't have been able to handle him and the baby alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsary
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:15 PM

lol. my main thing is handling them alone with out restricting my 7 yr old!! last time we went to SeaWorld I brought my sister who has a son the same age as my daughter so she had them and I had my two little men (now ages 2 & 4). That way my 7 yr old wasn't deprived of fun!

Quoting bxbsmommy:

Our son went to Disney at 4 last year. We also had our 4 month old. The 4 year old was the whiniest kid at Disney and I wouldn't have been able to handle him and the baby alone.

supermom664
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:21 PM
I really don't see what age have to do with it...because my dh & I love amusement parks our kids have been going from the time they were in strollers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kandie7113
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this
At any age. While the older one is riding wait for him then go take the little ones. You just trade off
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsary
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:27 PM

With only one adult things are not so easy. If i were still married hell yea me and my husband would take the kids to theme parks all the time. My toddlers have to be watched every minute!!

Quoting supermom664:

I really don't see what age have to do with it...because my dh & I love amusement parks our kids have been going from the time they were in strollers

supermom664
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 1:12 PM
2 moms liked this
Get a babysitter for the younger ones

Quoting mrsary:

With only one adult things are not so easy. If i were still married hell yea me and my husband would take the kids to theme parks all the time. My toddlers have to be watched every minute!!

Quoting supermom664:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mspecan_tan
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I took my 4yo to disney earlier this year....he was ready. I wouldn't suggest taking all 3 alone though.....the 2 and 4yo will need you to ride the rides with them and the 7yo will be mad he can't get away and have fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsary
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this

good idea!

Quoting supermom664:

Get a babysitter for the younger ones

Quoting mrsary:

Quoting supermom664:

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Apr. 7, 2012 at 7:04 PM
I don't know? Strollers! Go with a friend!
Even though I'm married as well as my friend we took the kids to the amusement park by ourselves. Kids whine or act up you know head of time how your kid will act! Go with that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)