Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

What to do....What to do...????

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 12:49 AM
  • 29 Replies

I am sorta seeing a guy that is 13 years older than me and let me tell you....I....AM....BORED!!!! In the beginning we were going out, he was buying me things, helping me set standards for myself, and just showing me things that I have never seen. But the past 4 months things are not the same. We don't go out and when it come to sex, he tells me that I need to find other alternatives because that's not always on his mind...but it was in the beginning. He stays the night every now and then, but it's starting to get on my nerves, I mean I'm starting not to like the fact that all he wants to do is kiss and cuddle. I am so over that, I don't even like changing in front of him anymore. I have tried to date someone else but as soon as he finds out he want to argue about it and say that I am using him, just stringing him along. I truly love him with all my heart but I don't want to argue with him, so I haven't been out on a date with anyone. Actually I haven't been able to find another man that will live up to my standards that I have set due to my friend. I don't know what to do, I'm tired of being lonely and he's not understanding when I tell him how I feel. As soon as I tell him whats going on with me, all he want to do is argue that all I think about is sex and going out. I mean I'm young, what's wrong with me thinking about sex?

Love fashion?Want to find out how to earn FREE products? Ask me how 

www.mymarkstore.com/emccoy

by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
supermom664
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 12:55 AM
5 moms liked this
Find you a new guy, you two are not compatible
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ginene
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 12:58 AM
2 moms liked this
I agree. You are trying to force something that isn't working.

Quoting supermom664:

Find you a new guy, you two are not compatible

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stormywaters03
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 1:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd make a pro/con list.  The pros that you listed in your post are basically that he's showing you things you didn't do before you met him.  The cons are not getting enough sex and a possessiveness that isn't warranted since you're just dating and apparently you like to go out more than him.  So....um...what exactly are you doing with him?  Cuz it sounds like he might be right...that you're keeping him around for what he does FOR you, rather than what he does TO you.

MsOriginal
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 2:22 AM

I guess your right. But when I try to call everything off and let him know to go his way and I will go mines, it's like he don't want to let go. He always says that he has done so much for me and I will never be able to find anyone to care like he does. I just feel that this whole thing is truly weird to me. If I just sit back and let him set the rules, I'm bored with it all and it shows on my face and he want to know what's wrong. If I  tell him, he fusses at me. If I keep quiet and say that nothing is wrong he goes on and on about something really is bothering me and I need to stop holding things in. SMH I'm just tired of scratching my head over this.

Quoting Stormywaters03:

I'd make a pro/con list.  The pros that you listed in your post are basically that he's showing you things you didn't do before you met him.  The cons are not getting enough sex and a possessiveness that isn't warranted since you're just dating and apparently you like to go out more than him.  So....um...what exactly are you doing with him?  Cuz it sounds like he might be right...that you're keeping him around for what he does FOR you, rather than what he does TO you.

Love fashion?Want to find out how to earn FREE products? Ask me how 

www.mymarkstore.com/emccoy

lovemybabies12
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 6:41 AM
I think you need to move on. It seems like everything has to go his way and in relationships you have to compromise but he isn't willing to do that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsOriginal
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 1:20 AM

UPDATE: Thank you for the advice ladies! I have left this so called friend alone. I needed to be happy and I just was not feeling that emotion at all. After much prayer, God has placed someone in my life who I feel is my perfect puzzle piece. Although it has been a week since we have first met. He has made it official, introducing me to his friends as his lady. He constanty ask me if I'm going to be in his life forever and I said yes...all the while knowing that we would need to take it one day at a time. I am happy and that's the way it should always be. :)

MandiFuego
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 1:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats...I wish I knew the first guy though LOL he sounds like exactly what I'd want in my life...minus the reminding me what he's done for me part...

Dana267
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 1:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like its not working out and that he's cheating on someone else with you. You might be the other woman sweetie.
Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Something was fishy about him? 13yrs. older is not 30yrs.!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:20 AM
Wishing you the best girl!! :-D

Quoting MsOriginal:

UPDATE: Thank you for the advice ladies! I have left this so called friend alone. I needed to be happy and I just was not feeling that emotion at all. After much prayer, God has placed someone in my life who I feel is my perfect puzzle piece. Although it has been a week since we have first met. He has made it official, introducing me to his friends as his lady. He constanty ask me if I'm going to be in his life forever and I said yes...all the while knowing that we would need to take it one day at a time. I am happy and that's the way it should always be. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN