Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

Marissa Alexander Stood Her Ground But.....

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:47 PM
  • 9 Replies

In The State Of Florida – Marissa Alexander Had A Gun Permit, Stood Her Ground, Did Not Shoot Or Kill Anyone and Faces 25 Years In Prison,Lincoln B. Alexander Jr on behalf of Marissa Alexander

Case No: 2010-CF-8579
Division: CR-G

April 3, 2012

"Yes, I'm pissed off and most people irritate me. But if people weren't so ignorant, self-absorbed, and down right stupid, I wouldn't be so Bitchy all the time."

by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MandiFuego
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Wow....I think they really need to re think this law....it's not seeming to be very effective for anyone :/

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Apr. 17, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Wow! *SMH*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoddessNDaRuff
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 12:42 AM

several things were wrong here. A. Why the hell wasn't he arrested for violating the order. B. How are they going to tell her to retreat with no means to get anywhere where this man she has a court order against can just go after her. C. That fool wasn't shot. They could see that when they got there so why wasn't he arrested for a false report and again violating a court order.

WTF is wrong with Florida? As a DV victim with an active case she should have been in the clear. They should have hauled his ass to jail as soon as they got there.

jinxmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:37 AM

confusedFlorida has some real issues from everything I read sounds like he should of been in jail.

Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:40 AM
ERIMAR!!!!!!!!! Where you been?
I'll be back to respond to this later
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leaniece
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Once again, Florida got it backwards!

ksbondgirl
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 11:17 AM

This is like the man who kept getting robbed by the same guy.  The guy busted through the same window.  The owner of the home rigged up a shotgun to shoot the guy the minute he broke into the home.

One night, the guy broke into the house.  The gun went off and killed him.  the owner of the house wne to prison for murder because the guy "hadn't stolen anything yet."

I am hoping with the Zimmerman trial, the SYG law is changed if not abolished altogether.

Erimar23
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Quoting Bunsmommy:

hey Buns...lol....on FB and working....i don't like using my mobile for CM and i been working so much i have no PC time....my dd graduation and prom and her new baby is coming soon.....so busy

"Yes, I'm pissed off and most people irritate me. But if people weren't so ignorant, self-absorbed, and down right stupid, I wouldn't be so Bitchy all the time."

Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:21 AM
Awww, congratulations, congratulations, and congratulations!

Quoting Erimar23:

Quoting Bunsmommy:

hey Buns...lol....on FB and working....i don't like using my mobile for CM and i been working so much i have no PC time....my dd graduation and prom and her new baby is coming soon.....so busy

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)