Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

stay at home mom

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 5:02 PM
  • 10 Replies

Is anyone a stay at home mom? if so for ho wlong? do you have a schedule to keep your kids social? how do you like it so far?

I am a stay at home mom and have been since my son was 6 months. He is now 15 months old. I love it but sometimes feel bad because I want him to socialize more with others. So far he goes to swim class,gymboree, storytime at the library, and play dates. I want him to do more-any suggestions? I am a former teacher and I realize the importance...help!!

signed a desperate mommy who wants to soccialize her son.

by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
misssy2000
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 5:06 PM
2 moms liked this

My kids are very socialized but I homeschool. I am a member of MOPS (mothers of preschoolers), my kids do Awanas, kids club, vacation bible school in the summer, they do the gym childcare,  and dd does school one day a week. We also from time to time do story time, kids events, and mommy and me events.

bryanjrsmom
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 6:17 PM

How many do you have/ages? What contributed to your decision to homeschool?  DO you find that you have a life outside of kids??

1214Choc
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 6:24 PM
I'm a stay at home mom for the past two years, but it's not exactly by choice. I prefer to work. Two of my kids are in school and the youngest is at home but he gets enough social interaction with his brothers. In the fall, I'm enrolling him in preschool.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misssy2000
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I do actually!  I always wanted my children to have a Christ centered education so that is the main reason I homeschool.  Many of the schools in our area experienced some budget cuts, and with the overcrowded classes, shut down school libraries, I felt like I could do a much better job. I also know my children's unique personalities, so I can speed up, or slow down based on my children's individual needs. My kids are 5, 3, and 1 years old. I have a life outside my kids, me and dh go on getaways, I sew, do crafts, I started party planning,  take classes at our church, and in the summer I will be doing a bartending classes and I work out a few times a week so I know how to take care of me also.

Quoting bryanjrsmom:

How many do you have/ages? What contributed to your decision to homeschool?  DO you find that you have a life outside of kids??

inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 6:53 PM

I stay home..when my child was younger we were very involved with a play groups and Mochamoms & a homeschooling group. 

sexychica25
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:28 PM
I've been a Sahm since 2006. Now that my son is school age he is more social but doesn't socialize with kids in the neighborhood. Infact my neighbor has a son that I think is a year or two older than mine but they never play together. I hope to start working soon and find something that will work with my schedule.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JayRo00
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:13 PM

I am a SAHM for about 6 years now. But I go to school since the both kids are in school. When they were home, we would do free programs at the library, I would take them to classes at gymboree, parks, sports and they would play with my friends kids.

It seems like you have him involved in a lot of activities already. How much more do you want him to do? lol!

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:16 PM
I miss MOPS!

Quoting misssy2000:

My kids are very socialized but I homeschool. I am a member of MOPS (mothers of preschoolers), my kids do Awanas, kids club, vacation bible school in the summer, they do the gym childcare,  and dd does school one day a week. We also from time to time do story time, kids events, and mommy and me events.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TGOLD1
by Yeah, I'm That Chick on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Yes, I am . Have been for 9 yrs. now. My kids are ver social, due to their activities & sports.

bryanjrsmom
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 9:11 AM

I love your reason behind it!!!!!! Its such a blessing!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)