Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beautiful Black woman

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:06 AM
  • 61 Replies
Beautiful Black woman I bet that bi@tch look better red. So that's a line from a lil wayne song. How do you feel about that and other Men of color who feel and openly discuss they like light women. I will say I am very light skinned and me and a guy I'm dating were having this convo. I stated I am light, and sometimes I feel that because I am I have no right to be offended which I am. I have a daughter who is carmel color. I think all shades of wwomen are beautiful, but am sadden by the plight of some black men to only date or seek light skinned or white women. Many black men love a strong black women, but it seems and I noticed the men are dark themselves. Therefore there mamas aand sisters are probally darker. What makes a man only want a woman that is so called light. Is it prefrence? Or is it something deeper?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by A_Diva2Hot2Handle on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:17 AM

I'll bump it till tomorrow!

ginene
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:49 AM
1 mom liked this
It doesn't bother me because I openly say I love dark men. It's just a preference.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
isaiahbellamom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:52 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Believe86
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:44 AM
I'm light skin,and I don't care for the terms red bone or yellow bone. I've always preferred darker men,but I also find some lighter men and men of different races to be attractive. I guess it all depends on preference,but there are some people who only date on type of person and are close minded to anybody else,that's when it becomes an issue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurplWildFlower
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

There are obviously underlining issues - the house slave vs. the field slave for starters.  This complexion bit is a large part of internalized oppression; as is the good hair ordeal.

Although, preference has a role as well.  I have met many men/women who are 'color struck' and will only date a dark chocolate skinned men/women or will only date lighter skinned men/women (and the in betweens). 

CoolRelax
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:07 AM

In my personal experience....there's def some historical connection but really it just boils down to who a person is attracted to.  Our genitals and brain are not PC when they say, "Damn, I'd tap that."  There's plenty of people who claim to only like a certain thing then BAM - they end up married/in love with the exact opposite.  There are folks who claim to be the United Colors of Benneton of dating...and will never touch anything darker than a paper bag. 

frankiesma530
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:09 AM
3 moms liked this

I don't know but Lil Wayne is an idiot.  This colorism isht is old!  A preference is preference though, I guess. I do believe there are underlying issues though.

For example, Lil Wayne looks like a gremlin, maybe he's reaching for something deemed unattainable to him before the fame?  There are too many shades to just like one.

wademom07
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:14 AM

I am also light skinned and hear it all the time redbone, yellow girl, red girl...... at the end of the day I am still a Black Woman thats how I lookt at it.

memekisses
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:46 AM
2 moms liked this
Lmao! He is some kind of ugly

Quoting frankiesma530:

I don't know but Lil Wayne is an idiot.  This colorism isht is old!  A preference is preference though, I guess. I do believe there are underlying issues though.

For example, Lil Wayne looks like a gremlin, maybe he's reaching for something deemed unattainable to him before the fame?  There are too many shades to just like one.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Favored01
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I heard this in so many rap songs, it makes me wonder if its just a Trend for someone to say they want a yella, lightskinned or redbone! Even if they are not really attracted to that person..

~Truly Blessed~
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)