Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Strawberry Letter 4/25/12

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:00 AM
  • 19 Replies

I asked a question, he answered, now Im hurt

Hi morning crew. Me and my hubby have been together for 9 yrs and married for 6. He is a wonderful provider, husband and father. Recently we were just hanging out, talking and messing around.One topic lead to another and we started talking about when we met and how everything was so great. I asked him if he ever cheated on me and his 1st response was, I've never slept with anyone since we got together. So, I asked, if he ever went out with anyone or kissed anyone else when we were already togheter, at first, he hesitated, but then he said yes, that he did kiss someone, but it was just a kiss and meant nothing, when I asked him when was this he said that we were dating for 5 months, but that he doesnt know why he did it and after he did he felt really bad about it. I got upset and told him that what he did was messed up. He said that it shouldnt even matter because this was so long ago. Im hurt because when he kissed the witch, we were already sleeping together. I dont want this to bother me, but it does. Now Im to the point where Im thinking that he has cheated on me, but is not going to come out and say it, because Im hurt and according to him it was just a kiss. Am I overreacting by feeling hurt for something that happened 9yrs ago?

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bxbsmommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah...move on honey. I understand the hurt, but I wouldn't let it affect the marriage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JayRo00
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:14 AM
5 moms liked this

Well she asked and he was honest! How she gon get upset when he told her the truth about something that happened when they were dating? It obviously didn't mean a thing to him because she is the one he ended up marrying. She don't need to ruin her marriage over that. She opened that can of worms!

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:26 AM

I agree. It happened so long ago and at least he didn't sleep with the girl. I mean kissing is just as bad but it's not sex KWIM?

Quoting bxbsmommy:

Yeah...move on honey. I understand the hurt, but I wouldn't let it affect the marriage.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

memekisses
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:35 AM
There's bigger fish to fry. Let it go
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ginene
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:45 AM
2 moms liked this
Don't ask for the truth if you can't handle it. I say she should just forgive him and let it stay in the past. At least he was honest enough to tell her. Even though it hurts, things could've been worse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dimplesinblack
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Quoting bxbsmommy:

Krystle21
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with the other comments. Don't ask questions if u can't handle the answers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kandie7113
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:30 PM
Some of these letters be a waste
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobinSun
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Ugh I wish this was the ONLY issue I had to deal with in my marriage.

Girl go have SEVERAL SEATS!!

~Whats understood doesn't need to be explained~
RobinSun
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Right??? I was thinking how do they pick which ones to put up?

Quoting Kandie7113:

Some of these letters be a waste

~Whats understood doesn't need to be explained~
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)