• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help/Advice Plz

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:41 PM
  • 39 Replies

My dd is 4! I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on her hair! I'm bi racial! My hair is naturally curly/wavy very easy to maintain! Her dad is all the way black! My dd's hair is nothing like mine! It's very hard to comb through & no matter wht hair product I use nothing keeps her hair moisturizers! Within hrs it looks dessert dry as if I never touched it! Anyone know of any really good hair products tht would work for my baby! A few I've tried are : liv, pink lotion, olive oil, carrot oil!?? Thnks in advance!

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
inmybizz
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:04 PM

For me it's trial and error- My daughter and I have big curly hair, we need lots of moisture and cremes/gels work best for us..I like Miss Jessie's, ojon, mixed chicks, oh honey child..  

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:08 PM

wet her hair with a spray bottle first it will make it easier to comb through.

There's a bunch of stuff you can try for moisturizers. Mixed Chicks, Taliah Waajid's line (I love her curly curl cream), Carol's Daughter, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Just For Me, etc.

Then use an essential oil. Olive oil, Jojoba oil, Argon oil etc. to seal in the moisture.

I'm still trying to find something for my youngest but water and oil keep his hair moisturized even if it's dry looking.

graciefreesoul
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:14 PM

ditto on taliah waajid...my niece uses it on hers and her daughters hair now...also i hear carol's daughter is good too...my niece also used Kinky Kurlee for a while and loved it but like i said, she switched to TW and likes it better...if you live in a small town like us u may have to order it...something else my daughter uses and we sometimes use it on tootie that we got local but i totally can't think of what it is but it was a detangler but specifically for AA hair at one of those asian stores...

isaiahbellamom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:22 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm bi racial and my daugher is also 75 percent black I love love love moracan oil and girl go to the Africans I did and they gave me this pure shea butter other oils twist stuff it smells great and works. Do not use pink oil it is the debil lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LumpyPrincess
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:28 PM

for my girls..who have very curly hair..i use the basic tea tree oil..mixed chick which seems to work well

an a every other week i do a honey&virgin oil to keep from breaking..since alepecia runs in my family..GL

aew00
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Thanks everyone.. I posted a pic of her & her hair so you all could see & maybe get an idea..lol It just frustrates me at times, her hair looks sooo good immediately after I finish doing it, and it seems like within min it looks like I have not touched it..lol We just CANT get that moisture LOCKED in!! (Thnx again)

ryahzMommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:13 PM
She's adorable
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ginene
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:26 AM
Pretty baby. Try water and grease or coconut oil and olive oils while hair is wet. Basically make sure you have a water bottle near by and moisturizers. It will be much easier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Sounds like you should have had a white man baby, since you so clueless, about black hair. Go to library get a book? And next time do baby hair, before take a picture.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobinSun
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:01 AM
2 moms liked this

Did I miss something???

Quoting hopealways4019:

Sounds like you should have had a white man baby, since you so clueless, about black hair. Go to library get a book? And next time do baby hair, before take a picture.

~Whats understood doesn't need to be explained~
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)