Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

African American Mommies African American Mommies

how would you address this

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:24 PM
Mel
  • 40 Replies
I live in an apartment row home. My next door neighbors have sex. Who cares right? But its extremely loud! Like head board banging, moans, loud. It sounds as if its in my apartment. I didn't used to bother me, but now it wakes my son up early in the am, like 3-4am. Ive tried drowning out the noise, it seems like they get louder. Im friendly with the wife, ill help take out her trash, we exchange greetings etc. But the noise level is getting out of control.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Favored01
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I would mention it to her or maybe start out a conversation like"We arent to loud over here are we?." If she asks you if they are loud, then spill it. Let her know. Or you can just plain straight out come to her with it... It has started waking your baby up thats a no no.

Bunsmommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:36 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm to busy laughing hysterically to think of a helpful response. I'll be back when the image of the baby waking up going "mommy, why is she screaming for God?" leaves my mind!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakesMom712
by Mel on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Perhaps i should add that theyre like 65, thats another reason im unsure how to say something
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakesMom712
by Mel on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:45 PM
It def scares him! Thankfully hes too young to understand what theyre doing

Quoting Bunsmommy:

I'm to busy laughing hysterically to think of a helpful response. I'll be back when the image of the baby waking up going "mommy, why is she screaming for God?" leaves my mind!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frankiesma530
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Well since you two are friendly..."my kid can hear you getting banged out"   I'm sure she'd stop if she knew your kid could hear it.

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:53 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm like Buns I'm not helpful on this one. Trey Songz "Neighbors Know My Name" is stuck in my head.

Hottmomma607
by Group Mod - Trica on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:54 PM
2 moms liked this
Damn! HATER!! Girl let em get their freak on!! Naw bullshit,tell them to tone down their headbroad knocking! Its an apt.complex not a frat house! Tell her she can get hers without waking up the whole building!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zmama22
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:55 PM

i would just be blunt about it. i hear you getting your groove on, not hating on you, but could you move your bed from the wall because it's waking up the baby. but you are going to have to deal w/the moaning. that's the downside of close neighbors. i actually had this happen to me. i lived above an ex-nun in a 2 family. so she says to me "i heard some banging in the middle of the night, did you hear it?" it took me a minute to get what she was saying, and when i did i laughed and said "oh, that was my headboard. i'll tighten it up." 

sexychica25
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:57 PM
With the screaming scratching yellin

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

I'm like Buns I'm not helpful on this one. Trey Songz "Neighbors Know My Name" is stuck in my head.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JakesMom712
by Mel on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:58 PM
Oh thats a good way to put it. Its gonna be awkward either way tho. Im gonna have to have a drink before hand

Quoting zmama22:

i would just be blunt about it. i hear you getting your groove on, not hating on you, but could you move your bed from the wall because it's waking up the baby. but you are going to have to deal w/the moaning. that's the downside of close neighbors. i actually had this happen to me. i lived above an ex-nun in a 2 family. so she says to me "i heard some banging in the middle of the night, did you hear it?" it took me a minute to get what she was saying, and when i did i laughed and said "oh, that was my headboard. i'll tighten it up." 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)